The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

I am going to have to fish out my Adagio here soon. It has been talked about and is making me want to use it.

Sounds like a fantastic shave Eric!

Interest to hear about the nearly successful usurper on deck for tomorrow!
Thanks Chris! It was indeed a fantastic shave.

Love Adagio!!!!
One of the best scents ever. If he came out with it in an EDP I'd jump on it.

I am going to have to fish out my Adagio here soon. It has been talked about and is making me want to use it.

The call of the pillow was just too strong this morning, so no shave today. The other favorite scent is up tomorrow though. Have a great night all!

A hefty splash of the AS(I ascribe to the Shaver Danger school of thought with regards to aftershave splashes, and if it isn't close to spilling out of my palm when I shake it out then I'm clearly not using enough)

Now that is what I'm talking about!

Now that is what I'm talking about!

If it doesn't actually make a splashing sound, how can you call it a splash?

Straight razor shave #462

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: TSC Legacy
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
Aftershave: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
EDC: Royall Lyme

Kind of a late post, but this was today's shave. Captain's Choice 45th Parallel almost took over as my favorite Summer scent, but Adagio prevailed and retained it's place. Nevertheless, 45th is an amazing scent, and it is matched by the soaps performance. It smells like a dessert, and it is actually tempting to sample the lather while painting it on.

Today's shave was fantastic. Spent a little more time with the hot towel, and it really made a difference. The Legacy whipped up a wonderfully scented lather that was slick as could be. If you haven't tried Captain's Choice soaps, you owe it to yourself to give them a shot. The SS slid right over my skin, wiping the hair away like it wasn't attached. Three passes and a little clean up left me baby-butt smooth, and a splash of aftershave increased the delightful scent emanating from the shave den. Another splash of Royall Lyme complemented the cherry vanilla of the soap, and I practically skipped away from the den.

The next few days should be capital H Hot, and I considered goatee removal halfway through the shave, but I held off. Once the thought took hold I couldn't walk away without making some change though, so the goatee was converted into a horseshoe mustache, and my chin feels oddly cool right now.

Vacation starts at 4:00pm tomorrow, and I can't wait! Thanks for reading and have a great night!

Captains Choice soaps are those that won't wow you, but will always give you a great shave!

Have a wonderful time on vacation!

So 45th Parallel! Haven’t tried it myself, maybe once my Cella is out I’ll have to give it a go!

Captains Choice soaps are those that won't wow you, but will always give you a great shave!

Have a wonderful time on vacation!
That I will. I’ll try to get some pics posted when I’m back in a service area lol.

So 45th Parallel! Haven’t tried it myself, maybe once my Cella is out I’ll have to give it a go!

It’s worth giving a try. I normally don’t care for sweeter scents, and this one is pretty sweet, but it is downright awesome.

Just popped on to Maggard’s site and ordered some samples. A couple from Storybook Soapworks, and one each of Declaration Groomings new Icarus scents. They’ll be here way before I get back from vacation, so it’ll be something nice to look forward to.

Sounds like a great shave, Eric! Have a great time on your vacation, looking forward to the pictures!

Sounds like a great shave, Eric! Have a great time on your vacation, looking forward to the pictures!

Thanks Josh! Sitting at work right now, looking at the clock. Fortunately things should pick up enough soon to keep me scrambling the rest of the day, and the time should pass quickly.

We have arrived, and here is the view from my back yard for the next couple days. Front yard view is even better, but data up here is spotty and I couldn’t get it to upload.

Just looked up Wolverine, MI on the map. It's next to Gaylord State Forest. I think as a kid I remember camping there. Looks wonderful!

Some excellent set-ups, Eric. And enjoy that vacation of yours!
Peaceful view! Enjoy the vacay!
Great couple of shaves Eric!

Enjoy the vacation time! Have fun and be safe!
Most excellent!! Have a great time up there Eric!
Just looked up Wolverine, MI on the map. It's next to Gaylord State Forest. I think as a kid I remember camping there. Looks wonderful!

Thanks guys! I can’t believe I get data out here, but this is my current view.

Back