The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

There and Back Again, A Wet-Shaver's Tale

Catching up Eric!

Some good stuff! Great mail calls! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that wood, it looks great!

Good Stuff Eric and that will make some nice brushes and scales
That wood is beautiful.
Catching up Eric!

Some good stuff! Great mail calls! Looking forward to seeing what you do with that wood, it looks great!
Oh wow my next brush is going to be beautiful!

Thanks guys! I got one turned just to see how it looks. The grain is subtle, but beautiful, and it might find it's way into the Instant PIF thread when it's done.

Not a lot of time to post this morning, so it's a good thing I took my SOTD pic last night.

The first use of my new TSC Legacy brush, and I love the tuxedo fan knot. GTB stands out in the uniqueness of it's scent and is a great performer.

I've probably mentioned before that all my straights need a date with the stones, and the Paragon is no exception. It's keen enough to shave with, and is plenty smooth, but BBS was not to be this morning. DFS and happy with it. Have a blessed Sunday all!

Great picture Eric, and I am sorry your razors are needing some attention. I understand that with multiple hobbies, and a busy work life, sometimes we have to choose which hobby to partake in. I'm certain that you will one day say enough is enough and get the stones out.

Great Pic Eric! The Legacy brush is absolutely beautiful!
Thanks Don!
Great photo, and great brush!!!
Thanks Chris! It's one of my favorites now lol.
Great shave Eric and that new wood looks beautiful!
Thanks Josh! It's got a really nice grain pattern. I'm looking forward to seeing how the first brush turns out.

Looks like a matching set all together! Good shave!
Thanks Chris!
Great picture Eric, and I am sorry your razors are needing some attention. I understand that with multiple hobbies, and a busy work life, sometimes we have to choose which hobby to partake in. I'm certain that you will one day say enough is enough and get the stones out.
Thanks Walt. I'm sure I'll get to it eventually, and probably do them all at once.
Great shave and pic. I love the brush.
Thanks Doug.

Good shave and a great picture Eric!

Where did you get that brush? I have one similar, but much better looking IHMO.
1f601.png

That wood is gonna be awesome. Looking forward to seeing what you create. On a tangent, I've been wanting a good shuffleboard table but seems like a crazy endeavor as a DIY. Buying new is way over my budget sadly.

Straight razor shave #461

Pre-shave: Hot towel
Brush: TSC Legacy
Razor: Feather SS
Blade: ProGuard
Soap: B&M Adagio
Aftershave: B&M Adagio
Cologne: Royall Lyme

Ok, finally documenting a shave with an actual number attached. I've been shaving every other day, and the Feather SS has been my daily driver. The ProGuard blades have been lasting 12-15 shaves each, and I could probably stretch them upwards of 20 if I put some effort into it.

I had planned to use Iced Pineapple today, but I changed it up when I saw the stack of B&M soaps and realized that I haven't used Adagio in a while. This is my absolute favorite Summer scented soap, and has held that place for quite some time. I used to have B&M at the top of my performance list, then it slipped when I started really branching out and seeing how good some of the other artisan soap makers are. They are close to the top again with the Reserve base, though I only have that in Lavender at this time. But on to the shave.

The quarter moon tuxedo in the Legacy brush pulled plenty of soap out, and a fair amount of hydration gave me the kind of lather that I love, a shiny, goopy coating that is a little thinner than I'd use for a DE shave. The Feather was in excellent form, and three quick passes left me BBS smooth and smelling awesome. The amount of menthol in this soap is just right for a warm morning, and it takes a minute to creep up on you. It is really felt during the cold water rinse, making it feel like an ice bath for second. A hefty splash of the AS(I ascribe to the Shaver Danger school of thought with regards to aftershave splashes, and if it isn't close to spilling out of my palm when I shake it out then I'm clearly not using enough) had enough menthol in it to make my eyes sting a bit, and it made my face feel amazing. Once that dried down, another hefty splash of Royall Lyme seated me firmly in my happy place. Love, love, love this stuff!

Tomorrow's shave is already set up, and I'll be using another wonderful soap, one that almost supplanted Adagio as a favorite Summer scent. Thanks for reading and have a great day!

Sounds like a fantastic shave Eric!

Interest to hear about the nearly successful usurper on deck for tomorrow!

Back