The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The bottom of a tub

Have you ever used Floid Blue by any chance? How close of a match to you find it to be?

I'm thinking of ordering a B&M Reserve soap and having a hard time choosing, but love Floid Blue and Aqua Velva type scents.

No, I'm sorry, but I have never smelled Floid Blue. I went to stock up on it when it was announced that it was being discontinued, but I didn't realize at the time how quickly guys hoard shave stuff when rumors drop. Looks like Chad says RazoRock What the Puck Blue smells the most like Floid Blue(so I guess I do know what it smells like.) I honestly preferred the scent of B&M Barrister's Reserve Cool Better than RR What the Puck Blue. YMMV?

Wow I never would have thought you would post in this thread LOL

Now that hurts, Chad! 😢 Don't you remember me posting this back in March 2018 😁 :

CRSW Lavish was the 1st full size soap I ever finished! I really liked it, so, of course, it's no longer made.

Oh nice! I’ve never seen that scent on their site, only Santal Royale! Is this one a clone of anything?
Not a clone that I'm aware of.
They had a sensitive skin sandalwood in a white tub when I first started wetshaving. It was my favorite of any sandalwood scent I've tried. Of course they discontinued it, but they replaced it with this one. The other was a "sweeter" type of scent, this one is more earthy. Not bad at all, just not what the other one was.

You can scrape out all of those little pieces and have enough for a few more shaves!

Back