The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The bottom of a tub

I have finally seen the first hint of the bottom of a tub.
At this rate, only about another month's worth of use.

I finished this off earlier this week, but just getting around to posting. 46 shaves on this tub. I thought it was going to die around 30, so quite impressed! I will be buying more WK eventually, but probably in a different scent.

I finished this off earlier this week, but just getting around to posting. 46 shaves on this tub. I thought it was going to die around 30, so quite impressed! I will be buying more WK eventually, but probably in a different scent.
Nice job John

Well I forgot to post a pic of my empty Trade Winds tub. But it now has the label peeled off and is housing legos. So uh... it is not really empty

With my adherence to the 3017 approach, I've emptied many bowls, tubes and tubs over the years. I don't care how many times I do it, it's incredibly satisfying every time it happens. I'll post the next one when it's done (at least 2 months from now).

I certainly am glad that Bob is here. It is nice to have another 3017er on TSC.

Finishing a tub is just so satisfying.

I certainly am glad that Bob is here. It is nice to have another 3017er on TSC.

Finishing a tub is just so satisfying.

As a charter member (employee #2?), I drank that Kool Aid a long time ago. I once tried to play the field and lasted 3 shaves before I had to go back. I overbought and sold off or PIF’d so many soaps, you’d think I had none left. Nope. At the rate I use them, it’ll take me 10 years.

Barrister's Reserve Cool Set finished a couple of weeks ago. This is the 2nd full sized soap I've ever finished. :D And, I have many more full soaps to go through! I don't 3017, but I have started using soaps for longer periods of time before switching. I used to use a different one every single shave. Please note that the aftershave lasted much longer than the soap. I used the aftershave after using other soaps as well. It is funny that when I first received the Reserve Cool set, I wasn't sure that I liked the scent that much. After I used them a handful of times, the frequency of use kept growing.

I used to think I was crazy for saving all my empty containers, but now I use them to put samples or refill pucks in. I have a Siliski soap 2oz sample of Santa’s Pipe in an old LNHC Pumpkin Oud, and a MWF refill puck in a CF Sherlock container. I have many, many more. They get used for random things, ie. guitar picks or to hold ear plugs in my tool box.

Barrister's Reserve Cool Set finished a couple of weeks ago. This is the 2nd full sized soap I've ever finished. :D And, I have many more full soaps to go through! I don't 3017, but I have started using soaps for longer periods of time before switching. I used to use a different one every single shave. Please note that the aftershave lasted much longer than the soap. I used the aftershave after using other soaps as well. It is funny that when I first received the Reserve Cool set, I wasn't sure that I liked the scent that much. After I used them a handful of times, the frequency of use kept growing.

View attachment 10

Wow I never would have thought you would post in this thread LOL

View attachment 38
I used to think I was crazy for saving all my empty containers, but now I use them to put samples or refill pucks in. I have a Siliski soap 2oz sample of Santa’s Pipe in an old LNHC Pumpkin Oud, and a MWF refill puck in a CF Sherlock container. I have many, many more. They get used for random things, ie. guitar picks or to hold ear plugs in my tool box.

Very smart!

View attachment 10

Have you ever used Floid Blue by any chance? How close of a match to you find it to be?

I'm thinking of ordering a B&M Reserve soap and having a hard time choosing, but love Floid Blue and Aqua Velva type scents.

Back