The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The bottom of a tub

Hats off to you gentlemen for actually finishing a soap. Not a easy task, although i have a couple Grooming Dept soaps that are starting to bullseye but have heard they lat even longer than expected once you can see the bottom.

Hats off to you gentlemen for actually finishing a soap. Not a easy task, although i have a couple Grooming Dept soaps that are starting to bullseye but have heard they lat even longer than expected once you can see the bottom.
Yes, there is a weird paradox that often happens after the bullseye appears. It seems like the soap usage drops and takes forever to finish.

I’ve managed to finish one tub of shaving soap in three years, but I did make to the very bottom of a tub today...just not shaving soap. I’ve been using Mothers to polish brush handles since I first started turning them. Time for a new tub.

I’ve managed to finish one tub of shaving soap in three years, but I did make to the very bottom of a tub today...just not shaving soap. I’ve been using Mothers to polish brush handles since I first started turning them. Time for a new tub.

I dunno...there’s still a handle or two’s worth in there! ?

Here it is... The first of hopefully many empty CBL tubs.
The end of the first ever(?) CBL soap 3017.

In a decade of using shaving soaps, apart from finishing off a couple of MWF pucks, I've never finished off another soap!

Now with 120 soaps in rotation, they all still look new so I'm not sure when I'll see the bottom of a tub again!

In a decade of using shaving soaps, apart from finishing off a couple of MWF pucks, I've never finished off another soap!

Now with 120 soaps in rotation, they all still look new so I'm not sure when I'll see the bottom of a tub again!

you could join in on the Jan Chiseled Face 3017

you could join in on the Jan Chiseled Face 3017

I'm at my in-laws place for a total of 6 weeks and have only 4 soaps (PdP original & 63, MWF and Speick).

I miss my soap rotation and brushes so much that I can't wait to dive back in...so unfortunately any 3017 will not be possible ?

I'm at my in-laws place for a total of 6 weeks and have only 4 soaps (PdP original & 63, MWF and Speick).

I miss my soap rotation and brushes so much that I can't wait to dive back in...so unfortunately any 3017 will not be possible ?

Those first three soaps would take three years to get through! LOL

Back