The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Last day of the first month! But the 3017 continues.

I missed one shave, so I have 27 shaves on my puck so far. Barely made a dent. But I know for sure I've got 6 months of shaves on this puck easily.

Funny thing is, with my new technique of just rubbing the puck on my face and giving a quick finger lather on my face, I'm not using a brush, obviously. Well, Amber came in and saw my technique, looked over at my shelf and said, "You've got $50,000 worth of brushes [slight exaggeration] and now you're not even using one?!?!" :ROFLMAO:
Oh God! Get to a doctor STAT! You are becoming a …… Blech…. Minimalist

Made it through the month, and probably at least that much left on the puck, I think I'll just keep going, though I'm not concerned about that 100 day thing.
I even kept the same blade in the whole time, and up to this week it was doing fine, but shaves have gotten rougher and uneven, so a new blade tomorrow. Still that was a lot longer than I expected the blade to last. If it was my only blade, I could still shave with it, but just don't see the point of 'meh' shaves.

Billiams Racing - Heat #15

Okay, so maybe half way done. 🕺
A few small twists to the routine of bondage.
Synthetic brush which pleasantly surprised me. In the past, I’ve always thought naturals to be better with hard soaps.
Used the 6/8 Le Grelot most graciously gifted to me by @Scuttlesoap because I sharpened a couple of his razors. Way too generous! Thanks Brian.
Probably 3rd shave on this edge, very slightly more aggressive than the 7/8 I’ve been using on the challenge that has about 20 shaves and still push cuts tomatoes.
The Razorock Lime stank was easily corrected by generous helpings from GFT.

00934615-3AA6-4DC9-A4B6-C25F65ACB26E.jpeg

At this pace, I think the folks behind CBL Soaps (those crazy birds) and quite possibly Stirling Soaps will retire before you finish that puck
Nah. I'm optimistic that I could get 1 year out of it, but I don't think it'll actually happen.

Billiams High Performance Soap Team
Plenty of energy left on lap #16

Continuing to work on my techniques for the recently added shaving real estate (chin & stache)
Nicely progressing results

The Lovely Mrs. M came home yesterday from a week visiting her sister in TX. I took the day off today to make up for lost time.

Wishing everyone a great week

43AD826A-93A0-46AD-AAF8-E46247FFC2FC.jpeg

Thats it, Bye Bye, Syonara, Adios, Finished it off today. I knew I would be the 1st out, based on loading. Thanks @Spider for the Challenge and Good Luck to the rest of you.....

03.07.2023 day 34 final day.jpg

Billions Soap Racing Team Round #18
Playing around with a honing project.

BFD55FDC-88CB-4274-998B-D70C97EAA9A8.jpeg

Video posted
please don’t ask me why the link reads that way, just click and you get the vid

Thought I would share how my puck looks over 1/3rd of the way through the challenge.....

IMG_20230312_110648089.jpg

..Not too shabby. Should still give me well over 100 shaves. And to think of how much Williams I've wasted over the years.

Back