The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Spider. That’s a nice scuttle. Do they still make those models?
No, it's vintage. And I've never seen another one like it. There are a lot of Williams scuttles out there, with crossed flags on them. (There are crossed flags on the other side of this one). But I've never seen another with these words on them.

Not my pic, but this is the original kit:
m_5e372f8d7f617f5a4b4cb803.jpg

First Williams shave of 2023 is done. Man, I forgot just how good the vintage is (I haven't used modern so can't compare)
Super easy to later, and even has great residual slickness, which is a property I highly value.

@Spider, I didn't want to peal the soap out of the bowl it's in, since it will start to slide around in there if I do. It's firmly glued in place now, but I'd say about 1/3 puck left. However I seem to be on the light lather end of the spectrum as I've already gotten around 40 shaves off the puck.
I'm also doing my trick of keeping any left over later post shave, in my lathering bowl, so that might help a little as well. Let's see how many more shaves are left.

View attachment 104040
Bonus points for the Rubber Ducky!

Billiams #4

942C4530-6F76-497C-8226-4F9A596387FE.jpeg

Just hit the button to see the vid…ignore that man behind the curtain

The race to Billiams #5

9C82AF92-16BD-4C88-92BF-4D08F74DF7F2.jpeg

A little bit of a SuperCurve edge test
Enigma Machine came as a gift from @Scuttlesoap, what a delightful scent, could be used in a formal setting in my opinion, approved by The Lovely Mrs M.
Surging forward with a generous helping of suds.
If you think that is a rough looking GD, you should have seen it when I first opened the leaking package that was slowly rickshawed from China in monsoon season.

Billiams Race #6

9D55EC0D-7F60-42FC-BB8D-42393D9FBAF4.jpeg

Still trying to stick mostly with this tool to develop my new shave pattern now that I added the stache and chin.
Added the Veg, also from KJ @Spider, for ‘solidarity of stank’ with @BarberDave
I thought the Veg was supposed to be a binary love or hate thing. I don’t dislike it, but I ain’t in love

Halfway through the month! If you've shaved every day this month you'll be at 14 shaves. How are your pucks holding up?

14 Shaves for me, and my puck could pass for new.

1. Spider
2. HMan
3. Heysi
4. OpusX
5. dkeester
6. BarberDave
7. Bill M
8. gLet

14 shaves in and the puck is still looking good, much to my 3017ing disappointment. I still don't know if I will make it to 100 shaves on a single puck, but this one is going to last a while with me saving my unused lather every morning. Squeezing the soap from the brush is kind of a PITA, but it does keep me from loading much off the puck.

Still determining if I should use the remaining puck as a skeet pidgeon and relish the smell of gun powder as the shots obliterate the Williams in a cloud of explosive dust. We can dream….

Still determining if I should use the remaining puck as a skeet pidgeon and relish the smell of gun powder as the shots obliterate the Williams in a cloud of explosive dust. We can dream….
Pics, or better yet video!

Billiams Race #7

0AE497BF-BDE5-4474-AEE4-8179A00440A3.jpeg

Since I am new to Williams and shaving my mustache and chin I thought I’d add something else so I have absolutely no benchmarks at all on my self evaluations…a disposable multi-blade.
Threw all caution to the wind and went for a full first pass with the green gizmo. It was tuggy but not uncomfortable. I’m sure most people just call it done there. I had my 7/8 TI on hand as a back up, and a good thing too. I was able to salvage the shave and avoid the self inflicted skin injuries throw away razors are known to cause.
I’m trying to use this soap up as fast as I can, but things are slow.

I am a heavy loader so I am about halfway!
I should have done the ultimate challenge!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back