The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

That's what I'm anticipating as well.
I don't think the size of my puck has changed in about 3 weeks. I'm just bummed that I bloomed it like I normally do. I think I lost a full month of shaves by doing that with this technique.

I don't think the size of my puck has changed in about 3 weeks. I'm just bummed that I bloomed it like I normally do. I think I lost a full month of shaves by doing that with this technique.
Even though I'm loading fairly minimally, I'm sure I'm still using more than I need to, lol.

Even though I'm loading fairly minimally, I'm sure I'm still using more than I need to, lol.
I'm getting better at just rubbing the puck on my face with just one pass. I did at least 2 passes for the first few weeks. It takes so little soap to make this technique work. It's kinda ridiculously genius.

The Competition for Billiams #27

EB6DB986-C90C-4455-B047-66036F1B0CD1.jpeg

Working my way through this.
What is left of the puck just slops around now. I recall that KJ liked to just load this soap by holding it in the palm of his hand. Works pretty well even when you hit this stage.

If I go 3 more shaves I’ll be on par.

The Competition for Billiams #27

View attachment 108632

Working my way through this.
What is left of the puck just slops around now. I recall that KJ liked to just load this soap by holding it in the palm of his hand. Works pretty well even when you hit this stage.

If I go 3 more shaves I’ll be on par.
Sure do! Eventually it gets thin and breaks in half though.

The Energizer Bunny of shave soap pucks is still doing its thing. I need to remember to take a pic of it. My synth brush is making great lather off of very small loads.

814xk7.jpg

I stopped counting shaves... But, I still have Williams in my mug... I swear the thing is growing back at night... Can't sleep or the Williams will eat me...

@dkeester @heysi

Still going guys? Any updates on your pucks or estimates on # of shaves?
Mine is still sitting in the mug. Haven't used it since I hit 100 days. I'm almost through with my tub of CBL Dread Pirate Roberts (reminder to myself to buy a new tub soon) so when that is done I'll see how many more shaves I can get out of it...I'll never get to 300+. Mine has about 40-50 more shaves. I was a bit less frugal with mine. Even with the method I was using, it could easily be considered a 6 month puck.

In case you needed a reminder.....
I admit that I failed in that goal. It was the blade reaching 100 days that was the toughest for me. I think my reluctance to pick up the puck again stems from the dislike of the last 10 shaves on that blade. It was a bit rough there at the end. The Williams has been nothing but good to me.

Back