The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Billiams race #8

C14B403C-767C-484D-8A9B-66AD1D08CEDF.jpeg

Still working on my techniques for the Stache. Tried a small trim razor today. Maneuvering the little one around is easier. Try the DX next time.

Still chugging along on my puck. Don't see any problem at all making it through the month, and possibly longer.
I'm not doing anything special to prolong how long the puck lasts, just my normal lather.
You know, the more I use this vintage Williams, the more I like it, and tbh could easily only use it, if only I had more. I'm quite enjoying the simplicity of the whole affair. I even decided not to change my blade, and have just been using the same one I started with, as long as the shaves are ok, and there's no tugging I'm happy to keep it up, but not worried about turning it into a contest for myself either.

I am getting there. Had to skip about a week due to a cold sore.

5808e6960f7ae750b8e4479bcaa51aad.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last day of the first month! But the 3017 continues.

I missed one shave, so I have 27 shaves on my puck so far. Barely made a dent. But I know for sure I've got 6 months of shaves on this puck easily.

Funny thing is, with my new technique of just rubbing the puck on my face and giving a quick finger lather on my face, I'm not using a brush, obviously. Well, Amber came in and saw my technique, looked over at my shelf and said, "You've got $50,000 worth of brushes [slight exaggeration] and now you're not even using one?!?!" :ROFLMAO:

After 28 the puck is doing fine.

Last day of the first month! But the 3017 continues.

I missed one shave, so I have 27 shaves on my puck so far. Barely made a dent. But I know for sure I've got 6 months of shaves on this puck easily.

Funny thing is, with my new technique of just rubbing the puck on my face and giving a quick finger lather on my face, I'm not using a brush, obviously. Well, Amber came in and saw my technique, looked over at my shelf and said, "You've got $50,000 worth of brushes [slight exaggeration] and now you're not even using one?!?!" :ROFLMAO:
But only a very slight exaggeration.

Billiams Soap Racing
Lap #13
I’m not sure how I can pull off a win here. @BarberDave never invited me to the Williams skeet shoot.

A couple of travel size SuperCurve strops make their debut.

5A81054F-A59B-4B2E-814F-F3937BFDECF2.jpeg

I had the same thought over this past weekend. Glad I didn't spend as much as some others.......but still, I think this improves my travel shave kit in that I don't need a brush or a lather bowl....just a puck and a razor. The hand lather is working just fine. The Spider Williams WORKS!!!

Back