The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
1642524265479-png.73562
1642524360184-png.73563

I'm a little late, but here goes! If you see this after the 1st, no worries, you can still join.

We had some fun with this last year , so lets do it again. You may have been a part of this experience here or on other Forums, or this may be completely new to you, but it's something that I have enjoyed over the years and it's time to continue this experience at The Cadre!

We will join together to 3017 a puck of Williams Mug Soap. What's a 3017? Basically, just commit yourself to using a puck of Williams Mug Soap for every shave until it's gone. For the average user this will probably be around 20-35 shaves, but can last longer depending on your use. This challenge is typically done with a modern puck and the idea is to really use it and try to get the best lather out of it. Some folks use Williams for a shave or two and get mediocre results and give up, but by 3017ing the puck, you try different things and really try to dial in your technique. Or, maybe you've got a puck of vintage, A.K.A. the really good stuff, and you want to actually get it out and use it. Then here's your chance.

This year, I'd like to add the twist of trying to see how long I can make a puck of Williams last, instead of trying to use it up as quickly as possible. You do not have to do this to participate.

Bonus: If you think you have what it takes to go the distance, or want to try... check out the Ultimate Minimalist Competition here:

1642524265479-png.73562
1642524360184-png.73563

I'm a little late, but here goes! If you see this after the 1st, no worries, you can still join.

We had some fun with this last year , so lets do it again. You may have been a part of this experience here or on other Forums, or this may be completely new to you, but it's something that I have enjoyed over the years and it's time to continue this experience at The Cadre!

We will join together to 3017 a puck of Williams Mug Soap. What's a 3017? Basically, just commit yourself to using a puck of Williams Mug Soap for every shave until it's gone. For the average user this will probably be around 20-35 shaves, but can last longer depending on your use. This challenge is typically done with a modern puck and the idea is to really use it and try to get the best lather out of it. Some folks use Williams for a shave or two and get mediocre results and give up, but by 3017ing the puck, you try different things and really try to dial in your technique. Or, maybe you've got a puck of vintage, A.K.A. the really good stuff, and you want to actually get it out and use it. Then here's your chance.

This year, I'd like to add the twist of trying to see how long I can make a puck of Williams last, instead of trying to use it up as quickly as possible. You do not have to do this to participate.

Bonus: If you think you have what it takes to go the distance, or want to try... check out the Ultimate Minimalist Competition here:
Did the dude even use his own products? He goes and tells me that I’m not as man as I could be unless I use his products. Geesh! Physician heal thyself!

I've got a little bit of my last puck of Williams left, this is as good a time as any to finish it.

1. Spider
2. HMan

I did manage to keep a puck of the now defunct modern blend around, so game on.

1. Spider
2. HMan
3. Heysi
4. OpusX

Pre-bloomed my puck last night....so I'm good to go for tomorrow morning.

..Well as the Direktor of the C.E.C. it is good to study this blasphemous practice of 3017, as such I accept the challenge..I may regret this... All for brother KJ, and C.E.C. research of course

1. Spider
2. HMan
3. Heysi
4. OpusX
5. dkeester
6. BarberDave

Back