The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Agent SuperCurve requesting a variance before volunteering Sir.

May I enter the competition by inserting my new puck of modern vintage into a mug containing a substance known as ‘clown puke’?

I just don’t have any other free containers as described by ‘mug’ that I don’t use for beverage consumption.

I’d call it “Clown Williams” or “Williams Puke”.

PRETTY PLEASE
😎

May I enter the competition by inserting my new puck of modern vintage into a mug containing a substance known as ‘clown puke’?
Hmmm.... I guess if you're just setting the puck on top of the clown puke, and not lathering the clown puke with the Williams. But you seriously have no other container, , mug dish, bowl, saucer, etc. that you can set your williams on?

First Williams shave of 2023 is done. Man, I forgot just how good the vintage is (I haven't used modern so can't compare)
Super easy to later, and even has great residual slickness, which is a property I highly value.

@Spider, I didn't want to peal the soap out of the bowl it's in, since it will start to slide around in there if I do. It's firmly glued in place now, but I'd say about 1/3 puck left. However I seem to be on the light lather end of the spectrum as I've already gotten around 40 shaves off the puck.
I'm also doing my trick of keeping any left over later post shave, in my lathering bowl, so that might help a little as well. Let's see how many more shaves are left.

IMG_0848.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0848.jpeg
    IMG_0848.jpeg
    153.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm also doing my trick of keeping any left over later post shave, in my lathering bow
iu

1. Spider
2. HMan
3. Heysi
4. OpusX
5. dkeester
6. BarberDave
7. Agent SuperCurve has found a suitable vessel, I’m in. Bill M

The first shave was excellent. It turns out that Modern Williams doesn't need to be bloomed. A wet brush on a dry puck with minimal loading gave me some excellent lather. I even saved the excess lather with the puck for the next shave.

I have never tried rehydrating dry lather before, so that should be a bit of an adventure.

Perhaps I will switch to face lathering for the remainder of this challenge? It seems like that will keep the excess to a minimum.

Indeed it probably will!
Hopefully between face lathering and rehydrating the excess lather from today I won't have to load from the puck for a few more shaves. 🤞

EDIT: The Old Spice mug was full to the brim with the excess lather that I saved this morning.

It turns out that rehydrating old lather isn't that hard of a thing to do. Today's shave was great.

My first Williams shave ever.
Why is everybody whining about this stuff? Works just fine,

Video

Don’t ask me why it read that way, just click the link for the movie

25BBBA71-D279-48D7-9222-A8897A30C8EB.jpeg

I am in for Williams. I already started at the beginning of the month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Video

View attachment 104145

I think it’s because users expect instant lather.

I thought I had issues with the soap. I say thought because all that is really needed is to just used it.

The soap is a hard puck….It just needs more water since it’s dehydrated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Annual Billiams Competition Entry #2

Video Posted

I still can’t explain the verbiage, click the link to get to the movie

C5B99894-FB21-4483-874F-37BA07918C3F.jpeg

Video

View attachment 104145
That's what we're all wondering!

Took the weekend off, but back on Williams today. There was a bit of Tallow and Steel residue left in the bowl today, and the two together is even better, it gave the soap that bit of body, which is the only thing I find truly lacking with Williams.

Back