The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 3rd Annual Williams Mug Soap 3017 Challenge!

Bill’s puck is lasting so long, it’s still brand new in the box! At this rate it’ll be the only shave soap is great great great great great grandchildren will need!
I concur. I’m not seeing any progress on that puck! Lol

Billiams Racing Society #20 (How come I have 2 #18’s…I gotta learn to count)

EB8BEA5E-CBB7-444A-AFD8-EB4F00A3136E.jpeg

Video Posted
@BarberDave … I must be doing something wrong with my link to video locations
Everybody else…Just click the link below

Apologies to Shari Lewis and Lamb Chop. but...

This is the puck that never ends.
It just goes on and on, my friend.
Some people started lathering, not knowing what it was.
And, they’ll continue lathering forever, just because
This is the puck that never ends...

47 shaves and no end in sight.

Last edited:
The Race for Billiams #22

There might be an end to this puck.
Mr. Fine says this is his best selling aftershave this year. Haven’t used it in a while. Reminds me of Aqua Velva

97BD7D55-0440-417B-9E31-D38662356E14.jpeg

Billiams Racing #24
I am starting to see some of the color of my mug show through my competition puck.
I think this is only the third shave on this razor. Ertan Süer 7/8 Russian Bear, France. German forged blank, French grinding.
Rasior Sabre France sells razors as shave ready and not to be re-honed by vendors.
It was ok, but not the best of his I’ve gotten (I have 4). I rehoned it after the first shave and wanted to use it again.
Good shave, rich later, nice citrus finish.

E7443C1A-ED45-426F-8A28-9D31649A02C6.jpeg

30 seems to be about average under normal use. I’ve seen it go as few as 20.
According to a study performed in Arizona, Williams can be used as a clay target after more than 1 consecutive use.

I don’t thing I‘m winning this soap competion.
Williams episode #26

A945420E-0DA5-4EC3-AB2C-D0CE2BD4DEE2.jpeg

Here is the vid for those to care to watch me shave and blather on

That's thinner than mine....And I'm over 50 shaves in. This may be headed for disaster for you.

That's thinner than mine....And I'm over 50 shaves in. This may be headed for disaster for you.
I never had the intent to see how far I could go with this soap or any other for that matter.
I think I may have finished 1 or 2 soaps from my inventory since I started and this if the first soap I started and used totally to the end.
If I ever decided to go “UniSoap”, my guess is that it would be one from Stirling or Mitchell’s Wool Fat.

Not sure I understand the disaster part though.

Still going on the Williams puck. I am up to 7 skips, so I am at 56 shaves. If the shaves weren't as good as they are, I would be hating life. But, the shaves are really good, so I won't complain too much.

At this rate, I think the puck is going to last until at least July. (Okay, I am probably exaggerating.)

Back