The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!!

Gents, mind if I ride along? I lost focus in the latter half of '21, but I got back on track at the beginning of this year. My goal is lose a half lb or so per week and be at my target weight of 198 (lbs, not kilos @woodpusher :LOL:) sometime this spring. Depending on how I'm doing/feeling, I may shoot for a little lower.

I try to eat a mostly balanced diet and get regular exercise, but I don't beat myself up when I fall off the wagon. I use the LoseIt! app to log my food intake and exercise. I don't follow a particular diet, but I have cut back dramatically on breads, dairy, sweets, and soft drinks. I've replaced those items with more lean meats, boiled eggs, beans, oatmeal, low-sugar cereals, Greek yogurt, fruits, veggies, and almond milk. This has served me well overall for the last few years.

I need the accountability, and it will be motivational to see everyone's progress. Thanks for letting me join...

View attachment 74101View attachment 74102
Hop on board this crazy train! We welcome all passengers!

Ok people, I am jumping in on this. For the longest time I was hovering around the same weight. Lately though, I have been noticing my pants are tighter, and my gut has gotten big enough that it is noticable. So, I weighed myself today. I'm heavier than I have ever been.

I am going to be watching what I am eating better, cutting out soda, and being active again.

Copy this list and add your name to sign up:

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo
15. Ambalance
16. Sunnysanity
17. NurseDave
18.novicewetshaver
19. Smattayu
20.b1hart
21. Quijote

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo
15. Ambalance
16. Sunnysanity
17. NurseDave
18. novicewetshaver
19. Smattayu
20. b1hart
21. Quijote
22. wristwatchb

Ok I have been putting this off long enough.

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo
15. Ambalance
16. Sunnysanity
17. NurseDave
18. novicewetshaver
19. Smattayu
20. b1hart
21. Quijote
22. wristwatchb
23. The Monkey

Ok I have been putting this off long enough.

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay
14. CVargo
15. Ambalance
16. Sunnysanity
17. NurseDave
18. novicewetshaver
19. Smattayu
20. b1hart
21. Quijote
22. wristwatchb
23. The Monkey
Nice! Believe it or not I added your name to the unofficial list over a month ago! lol

@CVargo can you add him to the private section?

Thanks

Hi everyone, the results are in for January!

We as a group lost 88.5lbs!! This is awesome! Our overall winner is @Ambalance with 17.5lbs lost equating to 8.65% of her total body weight lost! @Ambalance has won a Shave Soap and Balm from Rod at Stirling Soap Company! Everyone, please be sure to visit @Joe Hackett 's website and thank him for participating! Great job everyone!

1643819627022.png

Last edited:
Back