The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!!

New thread is up for 2023...

Closing out the year at 157.0 lbs. 2023 ... here I come!
View attachment 101739
In all seriousness...I love that you kept this up. And I know it doesn't look like much...but there are people that can't even do what you did. I suspect that as active as you are and with your general health you maintained your muscle mass and maybe even but on some muscle. I think you are better off for it and will be healthier for it.

On a different note...I need to chart a graph like this myself!

I don’t want to be that guy, at the end of the day, whatever keeps you going is going to be the best thing, but most of the carbs vs fats, cardio vs weights talk is what we used to call majoring in minors.
Eating less, especially high density foods, that are generally chock full of both fats and carbs, is the most important thing by far, all the other stuff is obviously good for health, but it’s effect on dieting is RELATIVELY insignificant, when you start getting lean enough to know you have abs, then maybe it’s worth worrying about. Before that it’s just an intellectual exercise at best.

You really can’t make up for a bad diet with exercise. More than likely if you found one exercise modality really helped you loose weight, it’s because it also reduced your appetite. God knows when I was at my professional peak, my training sessions totally destroyed my appetite. At that time I was training hard 2-4 hours 6 days a week.

Anyone who knows me, knows I’m a huge advocate of exercise, or any activity that gets you moving, it’s good in so many ways. But it’s not going to make up for the extra cookies you eat to reward yourself etc. Seriously an hours run will maybe burn off 2,5 twinkies, at best it’s a very inefficient proposition.

Of course if talking about these things keeps yo from eating those cookies, then KEEP IT UP!

umm. what? how come no one told me I should have had a reduced appetite! I think I forked this year up. checked-out of this thread too early

I was ridiculously hungry this year.. like insatiably hungry.. couldn't stop eating... and I remained pretty much the same weight.. but my wife tells me it's not muscle or fat.. that I am mostly full of :poop:. Happy New Years!

In all seriousness...I love that you kept this up. And I know it doesn't look like much...but there are people that can't even do what you did. I suspect that as active as you are and with your general health you maintained your muscle mass and maybe even but on some muscle. I think you are better off for it and will be healthier for it.

On a different note...I need to chart a graph like this myself!
Thanks, Don. Yes, I am actually very happy with where I am in life. No matter what I throw at my body (except a jeep; haven't tried that or any other vehicle yet), it returns to its normal equilibrium after a short while.

Did you want an XLS that tracks daily like 2021's graph or the weekly reporting like 2022s?

Hope everyone is doing well this year! Unfortunately, I've gained more than the 20 pounds I lost last year. I think checking in and being accountable was part of my success last year, so I wanted to start checking in again. Need another scale though. Not saying my kid broke it, but I don't think I did it. :/

Hope everyone is doing well this year! Unfortunately, I've gained more than the 20 pounds I lost last year. I think checking in and being accountable was part of my success last year, so I wanted to start checking in again. Need another scale though. Not saying my kid broke it, but I don't think I did it. :/
Great. We'll get you added back to the Private section and you can start with your June 1st Weigh-in. Welcome Back!

Back