The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!!

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
Hi Cadre,
2020 and 2021 have been pretty tough... As a result many of us have gotten out of shape and put on some extra pounds. Whether it's snacking hard, because you work from home or because you are chained to your desk all day and you find yourself making poor decisions.. Well, 2022 is the year we turn this around!

1640496912664.png

Are you interested in getting in better shape and dropping a few pounds? I know a lot of us are, but sometimes motivation is a problem, and many of us do not have a good support network to help keep us motivated to succeed. Well, look no further…. The Shaving Cadre is here to help! The Cadre will bond together for The Second Annual Weight Loss Challenge, to encourage & support each other to push thorough to meet our goals. We will be here to motivate each other through our stalls/setbacks, and celebrate with each other in our successes! We want everyone to succeed with their goals and get as healthy as possible in 2022! In addition, we’ve got some great prizes donated by Supporting Vendors of The Shaving Cadre to help keep us motivated!!!

1640496868046.png

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!

How it works:

*Any member of The Shaving Cadre is eligible and encouraged to participate. (There may be limitations on shipping prizes for non-CONUS member.)

*This Challenge will last 5 months. Long enough to keep people motivated to continue, and develop good habits that they can hopefully sustain, without being too long and becoming a drag.

*There will be monthly weigh-ins, and the winner will be based on percentage of weight lost. Cadre member’s weights will not be made public (only percentage lost), unless the individual wants to share that information themselves.

*The member with the highest percentage of weight lost that month will receive a prize from one of TSC’s participating vendors. Members will only be eligible to receive one monthly prize.

*At the end of 5 months, there will be another prize for the person with the overall highest percentage lost over the entire 5 month period. All participants are eligible for this prize, regardless of previous monthly winnings.

*Initial weigh-in will be on Jan 5th. With subsequent weigh-ins at the first of every month.

*If you do not discover this thread until after Jan 1st, you can still join, at ANY time. It’s never a bad time to get focused on your health. PM me (Luecke3262), for details.

*Your active participation in this thread is greatly appreciated. The playful banter and camaraderie in this thread is half the fun in this challenge, and will only serve to keep people motivated and keep thinking about their goals. Any tips, tricks, or encouragement is welcome from anyone, even if you are not participating.

Weigh-In Details
*Initial Weigh-In is due between Saturday, Jan 1st and Sunday, Jan 5th. If you sign up after Jan 1st, your initial weight will be due the day you join.

*Monthly weigh-ins are due on the 1st of every month. Weights can be submitted 1 day early or 1 day late to allow some flexibility. Weigh-ins received after the 2nd of the month will not be eligible for the monthly prize. PM me if there are any extenuating circumstances preventing this. We will try to be flexible and fair to all participants.

*Weight should be taken using the same scale, at the same time of day, wearing the same clothes (to the maximum extent possible) to reduce variables and keep everything consistent. Ideally, weigh yourself first thing in the morning.

*I will create a group PM to all participants each month requesting weights. Again, member’s weights will be kept in PM and not posted in public.

*Weight will be submitted by taking a picture of your scale with your weight displayed and a piece of paper visible with your username and the current day’s date on it.

The Prizes!
The real prize here, is taking care of yourself, and getting healthier in the process. But as added motivation, here are the prizes donated from our very generous TSC Vendors!

January – Shave Soap and Balm from Rod at Stirling Soap Company - @Joe Hackett

February – Shave Soap & Aftershave Tonic from CBL Soap - @CBLSoap.com

March – Shave Soap & Skin Food Splash from ETHOS Grooming Essentials - @Dragonsbeard

April – Shave Soap & Post Shave Elixir from Lisa’s Natural Herbal Creations - @LNHC

May – Shaving brush handle, "Creamsicle" (26mm) from Tim at Knothead Brush Works - @Knothead

Cumulative Jan-May – Special Unknown TSC Owner's gift @BarberDave , @CBLindsay , & @CVargo

Thank You SO MUCH Vendors! Your participation is greatly appreciated!

If I happen to receive any additional prizes from TSC Vendors down the road, they will be added to the end for subsequent months.

I borrowed this thread HEAVILY from my predecessor, @Spider ! Thanks KJ for all the hard work you did last year running the challenge, I hope I measure up!

If you were a member of the weight loss challenge last year, by all means join us! We had a great time in 2021 and lost a ton of weight! Come join us in 2022 as we shoot for and achieve our goals!
@Spider @Ambalance @sunnysanity @uacowboy @The Monkey @BarberDave @CVargo @dangerousdon @Shavin’ Yeti @mvargo @global_dev @woodpusher @NurseDave @Fenster @G'ville Ute @bluesman , @haggises @DeepSea @Smattayu @hawklet00 @FarmerTan @Joe Hackett @Majorrich @BadgerFiend @gobucks5485 @Scuttlesoap

Copy this list and add your name to sign up:

1. Luecke3262

For the record anyone who signs up, I will grant you permission to see a behind the scenes weightless section like we used in 2021 challenge. This area makes it easier to post your weight and keep it more private. With the caveat like last time as a disclaimer anyone who shares personal info on the public forum or in other places such as someones weight will result in a ban from TSC. The point of the behind the scenes is to post your figures easier and not have to rely on PMs or public viewing.

Thanks for running this, this time around!

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider

Oh yeah! I am totally in! I need this!

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon

I've stabilized at way less than I wanted to be at, but will see how much weight I can NOT put on in 2022. *sigh*

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher

Maybe this will be my lucky year

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo

Count me in! Time to get back on the downhill wagon!

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster

Very happy to see this weight loss challenge come back for 2022! Thanks @Luecke3262 for doing this.

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti

What? You calling ME fat?

1. Luecke3262
2. Spider
3. dangerousdon
4. woodpusher
5. Scuttlesoap
6. Milkcrate
7. global_dev
8. Mvargo
9. Uacowboy
10. DeepSea
11. Fenster
12. Shavin’ Yeti
13. CBLindsay

Keep those signups coming guys! Last year, a lot of us found the support of the weight loss challenge group to be one of the prime factors in us staying on track and meeting our goals. Encourage others to join us, even if it is just to say they tried and had fun doing it!

I know I for one found the challenge very useful. A lot of us talking on a daily basis about what we were doing gave me ideas. I found myself looking up better practices. Plus the thread helps with accountability and most of all...encouragement!

I am glad I have a few days to start this thing. Because I have to eat all the yummy Russian Chocolate that Matt @Luecke3262 gave me in the exchange! 🤪

Back