The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

The 2022 TSC Weight Loss Challenge!!

Submitted my weight to join the Challenge. Not as interested in the prizes, just really tired of losing any progress I do make. Need someone to help keep me accountable. Good luck to everyone!
Welcome sir! Really glad to have you, always glad to throw a rope to a fellow brother.
Throw me the rope arko.jpg

I’m still up 2-3 lbs from last months weigh in…. But I’ve been stable over the last week. Not sure about why. I definitely need to make a drastic change to get where I want to be.

@Joshua223 So happy that you joined up! I love seeing people jump in on this in the middle of the game. We all need a little accountability from time to time and some cheering along the way helps too. The number of participants that have done this "challenge" these two years are amazing.

I just want to encourage all of you to keep doing what you are doing. If you feel like you need to "adjust fire," then go ahead. No one ever knows what the perfect diet or perfect exercise plan is. You just have to figure it out as you go. Fine tune things, tinker a bit if you will. And just because you have a bad day...that doesn't mean that you have to quit...start again tomorrow. Start again in an hour! We are all human and are subject to those things that we feel might derail us. Plus it is just good for the mind to have a moment to destress.

Keep up the great work all!

@Joshua223 So happy that you joined up! I love seeing people jump in on this in the middle of the game. We all need a little accountability from time to time and some cheering along the way helps too. The number of participants that have done this "challenge" these two years are amazing.

I just want to encourage all of you to keep doing what you are doing. If you feel like you need to "adjust fire," then go ahead. No one ever knows what the perfect diet or perfect exercise plan is. You just have to figure it out as you go. Fine tune things, tinker a bit if you will. And just because you have a bad day...that doesn't mean that you have to quit...start again tomorrow. Start again in an hour! We are all human and are subject to those things that we feel might derail us. Plus it is just good for the mind to have a moment to destress.

Keep up the great work all!
Well said Don!

Thanks for the welcome.
Planning to cut ALL junk food and sweets out for the next month, except for one special occasion. I said it so, I have to stick with it now. Cutting my portions back. Planning on getting something like Halo oranges for snacking. Just need to keep it up and not binge as soon as I make any progress. Have to get my cholesterol checked again soon so hopefully I can start bringing it down. I don't drink sodas that often so it isn't too difficult to cut them out for a while.

Thanks for the welcome.
Planning to cut ALL junk food and sweets out for the next month, except for one special occasion. I said it so, I have to stick with it now. Cutting my portions back. Planning on getting something like Halo oranges for snacking. Just need to keep it up and not binge as soon as I make any progress. Have to get my cholesterol checked again soon so hopefully I can start bringing it down. I don't drink sodas that often so it isn't too difficult to cut them out for a while.
Have you ever looked into fasting? A bunch of us fast until lunch or even eat one meal a day. There are a ton of health benefits and you'll loose weight to boot! Do a little reading on it if you have some time.

Matt

Have you ever looked into fasting? A bunch of us fast until lunch or even eat one meal a day. There are a ton of health benefits and you'll loose weight to boot! Do a little reading on it if you have some time.

Matt
I've actually been thinking about fasting, but it would need to be on my days off.

Just thought I would post a little update for all of you. I haven't been on TSC as much as I would like. Just a lot of stuff going on. But I have been continuing with my diet and my tinkering. My weight isn't being shredded as fast as I would like, but I am seeing some serious changes. I have been doing a strength regimen pretty consistently for about four weeks now, and I took some measurements yesterday. I lost .5 inches around my neck and and chest each. I also lost an inch around my hips. But more significantly, I lost four inches around my belly. Also, I gained an inch around my bicep and my thigh. All of this in a month's time when I measured them first. I just wanted to illustrate that even if that scale isn't moving like you want it to...other positive things can be happening!

Well, going to take some more will power, it is girl scout cookie season and the wife brought home 5 boxes.

Back