The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said they expect a 20% raise - because everyone thinks they are a superhero…….raises are more in line without a zero at the end.
I lived through the grave days when RNs were getting double-digit raises. Ours come out this month, they ain't that. Our bonuses this year were only at 30% of normal because of COVID expenses. Freaking COVID.

I lived through the grave days when RNs were getting double-digit raises. Ours come out this month, they ain't that. Our bonuses this year were only at 30% of normal because of COVID expenses. Freaking COVID.
You’d think the bonuses would go the other direction - because of COVID - but the man has to get his cut first

You’d think the bonuses would go the other direction - because of COVID - but the man has to get his cut first
Nah man, we're managed healthcare. We lose money when our members are in the hospital. Which is normally cool because it drives us to put more money into prevention and patient follow-up. But not only has our census been higher the patients are staying longer, we have to have more security to screen visitors at several access points, A LOT more PPE, staffing over time because of the census, etc, etc.

having more gear is good and kudos to focus on the preventative care - just wish they’d take care of you and the folks - because happy (and paid) employees work more efficiently

having more gear is good and kudos to focus on the preventative care - just wish they’d take care of you and the folks - because happy (and paid) employees work more efficiently
Ya, I wouldn't mind. Lost 5 figures in bonus, but I'm happy if they are controlling costs and not laying off people. The state actually is providing a bonus program for all healthcare workers that aren't managers hoping it helps retention.

SOTD: 03/08/2023

1678285344348.jpeg

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 3rd use
Brush: Yaqi Cola
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Ginger’s Garden Cola Whiskey Ice Stick
Aftershave: Ginger’s Garden Cola Whiskey Ice Aftershave
Balm: Mama Bear Soaps Whiskey Cream Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Carolina Herrera CH Men Prive EdT

Had a hard time deciding on what software to use….but I haven’t had this in the rotation for a while - plus gave me an opportunity to break out the Prive. Sweet smellin‘ stuff all around.

Fenster has sent me the Stealth Razor that was part of the Gold Dollar mod competition - and it went to the Frederick Post office and then they decided to ship it to a town in Virginia about an hour away for which it seems to be stuck. So hopefully it will get unstuck today so to come to the hangar for which I have prepped for it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!

The razor taking its last walk of freedom before being held in Brian’s gen pop the remainder of its life. 😂

Hope it arrives safely! Have a great day Brian!

Post office and then they decided to ship it to a town in Virginia about an hour away for which it seems to be stuck. So hopefully it will get unstuck today so to come to the hangar for which I have prepped for it.
I have a pound of my favorite coffee out there in USPS Limbo at the moment. Hopefully we'll both be receiving good news soon. :rolleyes:

Great shave brother!!

What, what??
A dash of cola, a splash of whiskey, and some awesome cold vibes my friend in the way of synthetic menthol…….this one was easy for Irena (Ginger’s Garden) for sure - but I have yet to stump her - I go to her a lot and ask her to make cocktail scented soaps/AS/colognes for me - she always does a superb job. She even branched out on her own and made one called the Salty Dog which is a great hot weather one.

The razor taking its last walk of freedom before being held in Brian’s gen pop the remainder of its life. 😂

Hope it arrives safely! Have a great day Brian!
The town it’s in is about an hour away (which in this area is nothing for a drive - especially a morning commute)….but it is a matter of principle now - when I saw it was in my home town post office on Sunday - I was pleasantly surprised - then it hitched a ride somewhere else. I am beginning to think it doesn’t love me.

SOTD: 03/09/2023

1678397826907.jpeg

Razor: Yates Precision 921 Custom
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock SharpEdge (Yellow), 2nd use
Brush: AP Shave Co Semi-Transparent Yellow
Bowl: US Army Medical Corps Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Strike Gold Shave Fearless Puck
Aftershave: Strike Gold Shave Fearless Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Inspiration Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Yves Saint Laurent Y EdP

Late day noggin shave…..this is an homage to Yves Saint Laurent Y…..the scent is spot on. It is nice - basically a blue scent, has a little bit of a twist in adding a sage note. I bought my son Jack this frag - our little bonding - and he loves it - probably because his girlfriend said she really liked how he smelled. So there’s that - bridging the gap between old folks and the teeny boppers.

And today was a banner day for other arrivals - Floris Neroli Voyage, Boucheron Pour Homme EdP (that was a nice treat - in the $30 mark for a high quality classy gentleman scent), and drum roll please - the Fenster Stealth Razor….I am so looking forward to shaving with that tomorrow. Got the soap, AS, and EdT all picked out. Fenster did a fantastic job - it really does give that essence of a Stealth Fighter. Dig it!

Have a great day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back