The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD: 03/10/2023

1678455107816.gif

Razor: Fenster Stealth
Brush: Yaqi Purple Haze
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary White Mug
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Regiment Top Gun Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Fougére Angelique Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Guy Laroche Drakkar Noir EdT

@Fenster designed a friggin’ awesome razor! The Stealth is awesome - I tried to do it justice - I know that Top Gun is Navy - but I didn’t have a SOFREP (the AF version of Top Gun) soap. This soap is an homage to Drakkar Noir - my steady for my formative years when I had hair in college and in the military. While the AS is a scent unto itself - it is also a fougère and I thought that the label looks like a patch that the AF would wear on their jackets. Fenster put on a nice edge for me and this was a sweet, dare I say Stealthy, shave today. The whiskers didn’t know what was coming.

My boss put me in charge again today - sucker! And while normal me would give everyone the expected 5 hours - the boss is gone - time off…..I, ironically, have to pay taxes and so must put in a full day.

I hope everyone has a most wonderful day!

SOTD: 03/12/2023

1678632209039.jpeg

Razor: Ralf Aust 6/8” Spanish Tip
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Lime Mug
Soap: Declaration Grooming 88 Chestnut St Puck
Aftershave: Declaration Grooming 88 Chestnut St Aftershave
Balm: Geo F Trumper West Indies Limes Skin Food Balm
Fragrance: Floris Jermyn Street EdP

Needed something bright to combat the stupid DST change! Floris Jermyn Street was a nice finish - really digging this one. I haven’t been able to pick out a favorite yet of the 4 I have - but this one is definitely in the running.

Have a great day everyone!

You too huh? Must have been big corp payback for us peasants wanting a weekend. “Well then, at least 1 week out of the year, you’re going to lose a hour of sleep and really hate your weekend!” 😂

You too huh? Must have been big corp payback for us peasants wanting a weekend. “Well then, at least 1 week out of the year, you’re going to lose a hour of sleep and really hate your weekend!” 😂
If they’re going to insist on this stupid time change thing - why can’t they do it on a Wednesday afternoon when I’m at work? That should be a law…..Time back - good to go when I’m sleeping….time forward - Wednesdays at 3 PM.

Last edited:
SOTD: 03/13/2023

1678715442675.jpeg

Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Gillette King C. Gillette, 1st use
Brush: Oumo Brush Pandora Starlight
Bowl: QShave Deep Scuttle
Soap: 345 Soap Company Yacht Club Puck
Aftershave: RazoRock Gold Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Fragrance: Boucheron Pour Homme EdP

1678715614287.gif

OK, so the soap and AS are both nods to Paco Rabanne’s 1 Million. And since I really don’t have a cologne that would match - I don’t have a lot of the sweet stuff…..(well the BdC bottle would match) - I went with a rich looking bottle - and classy scents go just about with anything. This is a hidden gem if you like the Eau Sauvage and Pour Monsieur like colognes. Both the EdT and EdP can be gotten between $29-$35. Not bad for something that has some good staying power and smells great.

Kind of a busy weekend - we had a system failure and the part was outside of warrantee - so we had a patch together a workaround and monitor all weekend to get us through to today, where we’re going to put together a permanent solution (in IT - most failures happen on Friday afternoon after everyone checks out for the day).

Have a great week my friends!

Great smelling and performing freshie for the price!

Hope you get your solution figured out and have a good Monday!
Thank you sir - most of the issues are ironically physical - we have a bunch of new hardware in ranks for situations such as these - but trying to find the right cables (everyone always forgets to buy spares of these) end up being the problem.

Kind of a busy weekend - we had a system failure and the part was outside of warrantee - so we had a patch together a workaround and monitor all weekend to get us through to today, where we’re going to put together a permanent solution (in IT - most failures happen on Friday afternoon after everyone checks out for the day).
Yikes! I've been there!

giphy.gif

And you're absolutely right. Something about Fridays seem cursed in the IT world.. :rolleyes:

Thank you sir - most of the issues are ironically physical - we have a bunch of new hardware in ranks for situations such as these - but trying to find the right cables (everyone always forgets to buy spares of these) end up being the problem.
I think you should Macgyver something anyway…increase your server room cred.
6343C596-9D8F-48D8-8980-DCCB23FF21D0.gif
Yikes! I've been there!

giphy.gif

And you're absolutely right. Something about Fridays seem cursed in the IT world.. :rolleyes:
Don’t give me that…you guys plan these things, I know it! 😜

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back