The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brian, I hate to be the one to bring this up, but there is a glaring problem with your SOTD photo today: there are at least two brush hairs out of place. (n) @Scuttlesoap , a Gentleman such as yourself usually takes pride in channeling his OCD tendencies for good. We've come to expect better of you, my friend.
I have failed expectations. It is my hope you can look past my inadequacies and I will do better in the future to regain your trust.

Brian, I hate to be the one to bring this up, but there is a glaring problem with your SOTD photo today: there are at least two brush hairs out of place. (n) @Scuttlesoap , a Gentleman such as yourself usually takes pride in channeling his OCD tendencies for good. We've come to expect better of you, my friend.
Oh man, he's right. Now I can't unsee them!

SOTD: 03/14/2023

1678803056174.gif

Razor: Luecke3262 Demon Toe
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: HAGS Hellfire Club Puck
Aftershave: HAGS Hellfire Club Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Christian Dior Fahrenheit Extrait

Well, well….taking out the Demon Toe for a spin.

1678803728449.gif

Let me just say - we are so lucky for the talented straight shavers/honers we have on the TSC. I’ve shaved with edges from @Bill M , @BarberDave , @Fenster , and now @Luecke3262 - and all have been fantastic shave experiences. I also want to say that @Majorrich , Fenster, and Luecke3262 did an absolutely marvelous job with their Gold Dollar mods - all so very talented individuals and craftsmen, and prove what BillM has been saying all along - that the affordable end razors can give just a wonderful shave as the expensive ones.

I have to say that I am glad that Matt did mute the toe for me because I got it caught under my nose, luckily I was going slow - so no damage done. Ended up with a fantastic BBS shave. I have to admit - I cheated a little - the soap/AS combo are an homage to Dior Sauvage not Fahrenheit - but the latter goes more with the theme and we all know we need to have the pictures be all matchy matchy. I already let @Graybeard57 down once this week, I shan’t do it again.

Work is going to be interesting….I have to have an uncomfortable discussion with a prospective project manager today, it’s not bad news I think, but basically have to explain to them they aren’t going to be put on the project they want on my team….since they are junior, my boss wants to develop them on another project. On the bright side - they are getting $5k more on their offer and my boss is going to be paying for their certifications they wanted. We shall see how it all turns out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!

SOTD: 03/14/2023

View attachment 107300

Razor: Luecke3262 Demon Toe
Brush: The CaYuen Workshop Diablo
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Preshave: Ariana & Evans Slick Stick Soap
Soap: HAGS Hellfire Club Puck
Aftershave: HAGS Hellfire Club Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Sego Balm
Fragrance: Christian Dior Fahrenheit Extrait

Well, well….taking out the Demon Toe for a spin.

View attachment 107302

Let me just say - we are so lucky for the talented straight shavers/honers we have on the TSC. I’ve shaved with edges from @Bill M , @BarberDave , @Fenster , and now @Luecke3262 - and all have been fantastic shave experiences. I also want to say that @Majorrich , Fenster, and Luecke3262 did an absolutely marvelous job with their Gold Dollar mods - all so very talented individuals and craftsmen, and prove what BillM has been saying all along - that the affordable end razors can give just a wonderful shave as the expensive ones.

I have to say that I am glad that Matt did mute the toe for me because I got it caught under my nose, luckily I was going slow - so no damage done. Ended up with a fantastic BBS shave. I have to admit - I cheated a little - the soap/AS combo are an homage to Dior Sauvage not Fahrenheit - but the latter goes more with the theme and we all know we need to have the pictures be all matchy matchy. I already let @Graybeard57 down once this week, I shan’t do it again.

Work is going to be interesting….I have to have an uncomfortable discussion with a prospective project manager today, it’s not bad news I think, but basically have to explain to them they aren’t going to be put on the project they want on my team….since they are junior, my boss wants to develop them on another project. On the bright side - they are getting $5k more on their offer and my boss is going to be paying for their certifications they wanted. We shall see how it all turns out.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Tuesday!
Almost Brian's new profile pic. 😲

giphy.gif

I have to have an uncomfortable discussion with a prospective project manager today, it’s not bad news I think, but basically have to explain to them they aren’t going to be put on the project they want on my team….since they are junior, my boss wants to develop them on another project. On the bright side - they are getting $5k more on their offer and my boss is going to be paying for their certifications they wanted.
That's a pretty good consolation prize!

SOTD: 03/15/2023

1678888923997.jpeg

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 2nd use
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Fresco Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Fresco Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Floris Elite EdT

Freshie with a little bit of depth. Digging the Floris Elite - glad it’s in the collection. This is a nod towards Old Spice Fresh - I’ve never smelled the original (or at least I don’t remember if I did) - but this one ticks the boxes for your standard aromatic fougere.

Aidan has his first track meet - of the three sports he participates in - this is his least favorite - which is funny with all the running around we do. But should be fun - he’s doing the 100m dash and the javelin.

Have a fantastic day everyone!

SOTD: 03/15/2023

View attachment 107376

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Stainless (Green), 2nd use
Brush: AKA Brushworx The Deep
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Fresco Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Fresco Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Floris Elite EdT

Freshie with a little bit of depth. Digging the Floris Elite - glad it’s in the collection. This is a nod towards Old Spice Fresh - I’ve never smelled the original (or at least I don’t remember if I did) - but this one ticks the boxes for your standard aromatic fougere.

Aidan has his first track meet - of the three sports he participates in - this is his least favorite - which is funny with all the running around we do. But should be fun - he’s doing the 100m dash and the javelin.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
Glad to see you still have a face after the Demon Toe, but I bet your nostrils are very clean lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back