The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
The case of "The Phoenix Lights" is one of the most well-known (well, present company excluded, of course) and well-documented UFO incidents.

@GearNoir (and @Scuttlesoap also), check out two documentaries by filmmaker James Fox called "Out of the Blue" & "I Know What I Saw". They both look into the incident (the former film more so than the latter) among others. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch both free.

VERY interesting.

The case of "The Phoenix Lights" is one of the most well-known (well, present company excluded, of course) and well-documented UFO incidents.

@GearNoir (and @Scuttlesoap also), check out two documentaries by filmmaker James Fox called "Out of the Blue" & "I Know What I Saw". They both look into the incident (the former film more so than the latter) among others. If you have Amazon Prime you can watch both free.

VERY interesting.
I know what I am doing after we get back from our walk…..Amazon Prime - here I come!

SOTD: 03/05/2023

View attachment 106535

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Strangelet, 3rd use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phoenix Lights Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phoenix Lights Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Lalique Pour Homme EdP

So the soap/AS are a nod to that time in 1997 when some V shaped object appeared with a bunch of lights in Arizona (of course, it had to be there or Nevada - the two places where the really crazy people live)

View attachment 106536

And that’s all I’m going to say on that subject. Moving on….the scent is actually a really nice, can’t put my finger on it though it has some familiarity about it….nod to traditional, almost old school with a modern twist thing. Really nice and it goes with a good deal of what’s in my frag collection.

Aidan and I are going to do a STEAM project - and off to do a river walk today. No life schools class. Then a Zoom call - I hope you all attend!

Have a wonderful Sunday!
A9815FA1-ACFD-457D-B17E-4DAAE2B2B45D.gif

with a bunch of lights in Arizona (of course, it had to be there or Nevada - the two places where the really crazy people live)
Hey now!!!! Don't make me and @BarberDave come there and pants you. I'm sure we'll be able to find....wait, what state is he in? Does he even know? Oh well....just know that we are not cottoning to that kind of disparaging remark. Sheesh......treat a guy like he's awesome and smells great and he stomps all over your colorful, whimsical, neighbors.

Hey now!!!! Don't make me and @BarberDave come there and pants you. I'm sure we'll be able to find....wait, what state is he in? Does he even know? Oh well....just know that we are not cottoning to that kind of disparaging remark. Sheesh......treat a guy like he's awesome and smells great and he stomps all over your colorful, whimsical, neighbors.
Well remember Steven. He does not know what state he even lives in. He claims PA, however the WHOLE STATE admits that Philly is really in NJ, as such there is an expected lower IQ Quotient. To add to this.... ready @CVargo ... Here it comes... Yes he was ARMY. They never look up and see the wonder of the world. They look at dirt, study dirt, make mud pies with dirt, and eat said dirt. Then ponder the occasional grub from that dirt so you can understand why he feels the way he does. He was one of the "earlier" alien versions, hence why they don't visit the Philly, NJ area anymore. Would you? Its like going to a Stuckeys with no pecan logs

wait, what state is he in? Does he even know?
He does not know what state he even lives in.

Look, my government coddled me when I was in the Army, and assigned me a driver. Now that I’m out, Siri isn’t even close to being as good as my driver who always got me to where I needed. So if anything - it’s all your fault I don’t know where I am for not demanding that the government force me to learn Land Navigation.

Nurse Dave Style:

Yesterday:

SOTD: 03/06/2023

1678192854254.jpeg

Razor: Karve Overlander (Stainless Steel)
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 3rd use
Brush: Boti Classic Stable Wood & Orange Resin
Bowl: Fendrihan Apothecary Red Mug
Soap: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Propaganda Puck
Aftershave: Dr. Jon’s Shaving Soap Co Propaganda Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Fragrance: Creed Viking Cologne EdT

SOTD: 03/07/2023

1678192909226.gif

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap: Lodrino Tropical Sunset Puck
Aftershave: Lodrino Tropical Sunset Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Fragrance: Alexandria Fragrance Tropical Nights Extrait

This is my second Lodrino soap - just fantastic stuff - jumped on this because it was on sale on Pasteur’s website. The label says it all - nice tropical, fruity scent with a hint of ocean spray. The cologne - has - wait for it: citrus and boozy notes….I know - shocker.

Have to finish the rest of my salary discussions with my peeps today - this won’t be as fun as the last few - because - well, everyone expects a 20% raise and unfortunately - that isn’t the way it works.

Hopefully the rest of work goes uneventful - all my clients are on an offsite - so hopefully no other interruptions.

Aidan had a fantastic day yesterday at his work study program so I am so stoked for that, and it looks promising that he will be working on another farm, this time on a more regular schedule. Fingers crossed.

Have a fantastic and even if it isn’t tropical - have a sunny day on the inside 😂

SOTD: 03/07/2023

View attachment 106714

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant
Blade: Wizamet Iridium Super Extra, 4th use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap: Lodrino Tropical Sunset Puck
Aftershave: Lodrino Tropical Sunset Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Refreshment Balm
Fragrance: Alexandria Fragrance Tropical Nights Extrait

This is my second Lodrino soap - just fantastic stuff - jumped on this because it was on sale on Pasteur’s website. The label says it all - nice tropical, fruity scent with a hint of ocean spray. The cologne - has - wait for it: citrus and boozy notes….I know - shocker.

Have to finish the rest of my salary discussions with my peeps today - this won’t be as fun as the last few - because - well, everyone expects a 20% raise and unfortunately - that isn’t the way it works.

Hopefully the rest of work goes uneventful - all my clients are on an offsite - so hopefully no other interruptions.

Aidan had a fantastic day yesterday at his work study program so I am so stoked for that, and it looks promising that he will be working on another farm, this time on a more regular schedule. Fingers crossed.

Have a fantastic and even if it isn’t tropical - have a sunny day on the inside 😂
Great news on Aidan!! Fingers crossed as well. 🤞

Wait........who gives out 20% raises?????? I've never even received a raise in the double digits!! Are you hiring???
I said they expect a 20% raise - because everyone thinks they are a superhero…….raises are more in line without a zero at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back