The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Reasons why I mix my coffee with whiskey, my list of bodies I have buried in the woods, and other thoughts while shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL - I was literally just looking at this! You definitely can’t beat that price for an all stainless steel, made in the USA razor! And since I have a buffing machine - I can make it great!
It's got me on the fence, I've never used a stainless steel DE, only the stainless steel Supply razor.

SOTD: 03/02/2023

1677777797517.jpeg

Razor: Koraat 8/8” Basic II
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Bowl: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Moonscape Brush Scuttle
Preshave: Razor Emporium Pre-Shave Soap
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Additional Care: Zingari Man Rescue Potion
Fragrance: Hermés Terre D’Hermés Eau Givrée EdT

Orange themed shave today…..I don’t know what the reviewers are talking about this being strictly a warm weather frag - this is just as strong as the EdP IMO - nice orange - though definitely brighter than the EdP. I love shaving with a wedge. @Luecke3262 was right in his last video - I think, while much heavier than my full hollows - this does give you a little leeway if you stray from the perfect line, plus I think it is easier finding the right angle. That being said, if you do not pay attention - part of your nose is coming off 😂

Busy Busy Busy at work….Nothing else to report.

Have a great day!

SOTD: 03/02/2023

View attachment 106326

Razor: Koraat 8/8” Basic II
Brush: TG Shave Co Honey & Cream
Soap: Barrister & Mann Nordost Puck
Aftershave: Barrister & Mann Nordost Aftershave
Balm: Soap Commander Charisma Balm
Fragrance: Hermés Terre D’Hermés Eau Givrée EdT

Orange themed shave today…..I don’t know what the reviewers are talking about this being strictly a warm weather frag - this is just as strong as the EdP IMO - nice orange - though definitely brighter than the EdP. I love shaving with a wedge. @Luecke3262 was right in his last video - I think, while much heavier than my full hollows - this does give you a little leeway if you stray from the perfect line, plus I think it is easier finding the right angle. That being said, if you do not pay attention - part of your nose is coming off 😂

Busy Busy Busy at work….Nothing else to report.

Have a great day!
Brian gettin' his "orange" on today. 😁 🍊

giphy.gif

Excellence! Beaut of a wedge!

Does this iteration of TDH give you the same headaches as the others?

Excellence! Beaut of a wedge!

Does this iteration of TDH give you the same headaches as the others?
Thanks on the wedge - the ironic thing was that I bought it originally because it was the only one Koraat did with olive wood scales which I really like.

This version of TdH I’m good to go, no headaches - It doesn’t have a Vetiver note (at least not listed) but at the same time, does have that TdH DNA ….so I don’t know if it is psychological or real - but I’ll take it! On the Vetiver thing - I think this must be hereditary…My father after he turned 40 was the same way - he loved the smell of fresh cut grass but come Spring - he was practically on a Chlor-trimeton drip 😂. I didn’t start to have issues until I turned 50, and luckily it’s only a few frags. And this one does the trick - get the TdH feeling without the headache!

SOTD: 03/04/2023

1677956612362.jpeg

Razor: Aylsworth Kopparkant
Blade: Gillette Nacet, 2nd use
Brush: Boti Brush Classic Stable Wood & Green Resin
Bowl: QShave Deep Scuttle
Soap: Barrister & Mann Citricuya Puck
Aftershave: 4711 Original EdC Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Floris No. 89 EdT

The products selected were chosen strictly to compliment the cologne - new to me Floris No. 89. Right up my alley, I am really digging it. Exactly what you’d expect of a classic - fantastic citrus top but with a nice nutmeg hit to give it some depth, lavender and other florals in the mids, and a sandalwood and musk at the base. This is just classic stuff.

Just chilling today. Have a fantastic day!

SOTD: 03/05/2023

1678024207569.gif

Razor: Blutt Rasur BR-1
Blade: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Strangelet, 3rd use
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Christmas’21 Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phoenix Lights Puck
Aftershave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Phoenix Lights Aftershave
Balm: Zingari Man Unscented Vegan Balm
Fragrance: Lalique Pour Homme EdP

So the soap/AS are a nod to that time in 1997 when some V shaped object appeared with a bunch of lights in Arizona (of course, it had to be there or Nevada - the two places where the really crazy people live)

1678024449005.png

And that’s all I’m going to say on that subject. Moving on….the scent is actually a really nice, can’t put my finger on it though it has some familiarity about it….nod to traditional, almost old school with a modern twist thing. Really nice and it goes with a good deal of what’s in my frag collection.

Aidan and I are going to do a STEAM project - and off to do a river walk today. No life schools class. Then a Zoom call - I hope you all attend!

Have a wonderful Sunday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back