The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

As you I was concerned about my former 30DC buddy! So glad you’re on the mend! When you’re feeling up to it, Dr. Me prescribes two of my special Makers Mark Manhattans to set things st! All the best, Bill! Jason, Trigger, JoeC, and a host of others send their best wishes!
Ah, more blood thinners. Good thinking.

Do give the old gang my finest greetings!

SOTD 10/2/21

Böker 6/8
ZY 430
Stirling Sandpiper suds &AS
WCS synthetic

Styrofoam packing peanuts

C69CED68-1D37-47AD-8F0B-19CB2B69FA1C.jpeg

Video uploaded

Trying to figure out how to link to the post in the vid files.

It is #26 in the thead.

Last edited:
Sunday 10/3/21 SOTD

Stirling Limited Edition stuff & brush
The China Wonder ZY 430, originally honed by Master Shifo himself , then me

Edge is better than yesterday, maybe almost as good as it was.

F6F56F57-DA93-45DA-BE42-D2CB12E38077.jpeg

Video posted.

How did that drink first jazz get in there??????
Funny though.

First day back at work tomorrow. I’m feeling good.

SOTD 10/5/21

Stirling suds & AS, Satsuma flavor
Stirling tuxedo brush & collapsible travel bowl.
Supply V2 polished SS injector, 2 dot plate
Schick Proline blade (4)

73D9DD56-2821-49D4-8469-F8B40AFD97FA.jpeg

Yesterday the folks at Supply announced some new stuff and another Kickstart deal. Estimated release on Feb 2022, there will be a cool new adjustable injector, a comb like mild baseplate and some new blades from Seki city. One might easily guess what blade manufacturers can be found in Seki.

I finally bought this shave piece after experiencing a flawlessly executed and skillful enablement program by @Clint64 and another great fan of modern shiny stuff that hasn’t shown up here...yet.

I really hated the original Supply blades and found their second round much better. One could anticipate further improvement on the upcoming offerings. I’m just not sure that the new stuff holds anything to better this particular injector setup for me.

Having not used this tool in a while, I was quickly becoming disappointed. At the end of pass 1, I checked to make sure my steel was indeed what I thought. At the end of the 2nd pass it occurred to me that either I’d forgotten everything I learned about great shaving or I was experiencing some sort of hardware issue.

I hate blade changes mid-shave and would usually grab a backup shaving device but did the change out today to resolve the issue at hand for educational reasons.

Sure enough the shave finished in the same remarkably good category I’d recalled. Odd that a Schick Proline would die after only 3 shaves, when my earliest testing would yield much more.

The high performance of some of these type of blades has been theorized to be rooted in the structured baked on coatings. I suppose the initial wear, then sitting and delayed further use could leave the blade susceptible to oxidation. I do keep track of the quantity of uses but doubt that I’ll bother with a detailed and dated log, when I can just change steel.

Stirling Satsuma is the longest lasting citrus fragrances I’ve experienced. This inexpensive brush and bowl get more use than my deluxe stuff for a reason, they work great.

Be well, my friends.

SOTD 10/5/21

Schick Proline blade (4)

View attachment 62964

Yesterday the folks at Supply announced some new stuff and another Kickstart deal. Estimated release on Feb 2022, there will be a cool new adjustable injector, a comb like mild baseplate and some new blades from Seki city. One might easily guess what blade manufacturers can be found in Seki.

I finally bought this shave piece after experiencing a flawlessly executed and skillful enablement program by @Clint64 and another great fan of modern shiny stuff that hasn’t shown up here...yet.

I really hated the original Supply blades and found their second round much better. One could anticipate further improvement on the upcoming offerings. I’m just not sure that the new stuff holds anything to better this particular injector setup for me.

Having not used this tool in a while, I was quickly becoming disappointed. At the end of pass 1, I checked to make sure my steel was indeed what I thought. At the end of the 2nd pass it occurred to me that either I’d forgotten everything I learned about great shaving or I was experiencing some sort of hardware issue.

I hate blade changes mid-shave and would usually grab a backup shaving device but did the change out today to resolve the issue at hand for educational reasons.

Sure enough the shave finished in the same remarkably good category I’d recalled. Odd that a Schick Proline would die after only 3 shaves, when my earliest testing would yield much more.

The high performance of some of these type of blades has been theorized to be rooted in the structured baked on coatings. I suppose the initial wear, then sitting and delayed further use could leave the blade susceptible to oxidation. I do keep track of the quantity of uses but doubt that I’ll bother with a detailed and dated log, when I can just change steel.

Stirling Satsuma is the longest lasting citrus fragrances I’ve experienced. This inexpensive brush and bowl get more use than my deluxe stuff for a reason, they work great.

Be well, my friends.

Love the Supply Co shave Bill. I backed the Adjustable Supply razor. I’m not sure it will be any better but I couldn’t help myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catching up. I'm a huge fan of shavettes. I have a small arsenal of them. My favorite is the Weck Sextoblade. Have you used one?

Catching up. I'm a huge fan of shavettes. I have a small arsenal of them. My favorite is the Weck Sextoblade. Have you used one?
The Weck razors have a huge following. I’ve heard great things about them.

I have not tried one mostly for the same reason I avoided Artist Club razors a long time….my resistance to adding another blade format.

The Weck razors have a huge following. I’ve heard great things about them.

I have not tried one mostly for the same reason I avoided Artist Club razors a long time….my resistance to adding another blade format.
That’s fair. I find the shave from the Sextoblade is the closest in shave and feel to a true straight razor.

The blade was loaded from the last time.

I always load the Supply razor manually by disassembly/reassembly.
Ah man…well that edge degradation is weird then. Oh well, thank goodness you had more waiting in the wings!

SOTD 10/5/21

Schick Proline blade (4)

View attachment 62964

Be well, my friends.
I backed the adjustable Supply. It’s the only safety razor I would back at this point in my shave journey!

Back