The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

My story, I’m sticking to it. Bill

At least I made the news.
old-man-yells-at-cloud-yelling.gif

Oh .... and Welcome, Bill! :)

9-6-21 Shave

Stirling Uscented Sheep soap
Stirling collapsible paddle bowl
WCS tall dark synthetic brush
Some new curvy strops I’m trying
Rasoir Sabre - Gustave Lalune Mon Fire Destrier 6/8
Big Ole Bottle of the worlds most glorious stank - Brut

904A2212-93DE-45F5-AAC1-713B43F8FEEB.jpeg

Stirling Sheep mutton tallow is the top performer of my experiences, except for the smell. Unscented means no added fragrance. I’ll get Scots Pine Sheep next time.

Good brush, I like it.

I’m told these collapsible bowls are designed to keep Fido from quaffing his food too fast. Nothing I have sloshes up the suds quite as easy for me.

Newly shaped balsa strops. Large radius is charged with 0.10 micron cBN emulsion. Very curvy short radius is with nice soft inexpensive Herald calf hide mounted. So far so good.

The shaver, name interpreted as My Proud Steed, is an interesting piece. Only a few dozen like it made it to the US. I’m told it was a decades old forging of 52100 steel from a time when the popular method used multiple strikes at lower pressures in a drop forge die set. I’m not a metallurgist, but understand this imparts great strength and flexibility, but is more prone to yield less than perfect results that need some workarounds later. The guy who grinds these uses reclaimed equipment maybe 100 years old. He is known to get them very thin, as I can confirm. It is my top performer. I bought a second one, but the forging is more modern, likely using a higher pressure low strike count. It shaves good too.

Great shave.

Finished up with Brut. Being originally from Baltimore, I have every right to hate Joe Namath and not use the stuff…ever! But time heals those deep wounds and Brut really does rock the house.

I made my first vid for the great gang here, I’ll get it formatted and up as soon as I can.

Have a great week all.
B.

Nothing I have sloshes up the suds quite as easy for me.
Stirling's traval bowl has made a bowl latherer out of me.
Being originally from Baltimore, I have every right to hate Joe Namath and not use the stuff
I was born in Baltimore in 1957. My parents had Colts' season tickets for several years back then, and attended the 1959 NFL Championship game at Memorial Stadium. After Super Bowl III, I hated Namath with a white hot passion (I'm over it now). Now he's simply an older gentleman hawking Medicare supplement insurance. Kind of sad, IMO.``````

Stirling's traval bowl has made a bowl latherer out of me.

I was born in Baltimore in 1957. My parents had Colts' season tickets for several years back then, and attended the 1959 NFL Championship game at Memorial Stadium. After Super Bowl III, I hated Namath with a white hot passion (I'm over it now). Now he's simply an older gentleman hawking Medicare supplement insurance. Kind of sad, IMO.``````
Union Memorial Hospital
10/25/57
Grew up in Carney

Everyone from there remembers that game.

You still in the area?

Back