The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

5 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting things started off this morning with some lite jazz. Some great channels over on YouTube.

Great shave this morning! First use of the new brush. Very nice but I wish there was a tad more loft on it. But it whipped up a great lather. Love the scent of the "Old School" soap from Moon Soaps. Actually I've like each one I've tried so far. If you haven;t checked them out, you really should.

Hope you have a great day!!

Moon Soaps "Old School" Shave Soap / Moon Soaps "Green Zebra" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver / Alum / Moon Soaps "Old School" Aftershave Balm / V&R "Spice Bomb" EdT

IMG-5163.jpg

6 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Going with something a little different this morning.. Guess you could call it "Country-fried Hillbilly Funk". @NurseDave what do you think about this?? 😁

Here's is Al Caldwell and the Travelin' Black Hillbillies!

Incredible shave today! Slowly but surely breaking in the Stirling boar. First use of the CBL "Cigar Shop Hombre" and I love the scent! Great lather as usual. Finished with vintage Avon "Deep Woods" with added skin food and a spray of matching cologne. Fantastic!

Hope you have a great day!

CBL Master Barber "Cigar Shop Hombre" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. Boar / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver / Alum / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid / Vintage Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-5169.jpg

Seeing multiple post with the Moon Old School. Have had it in my Cart and been itching to try it. You guys are killing me with these posts.
As one Cella lover to another...don’t get Old School until after you’ve gotten Amaretto!

Seeing multiple post with the Moon Old School. Have had it in my Cart and been itching to try it. You guys are killing me with these posts.

As one Cella lover to another...don’t get Old School until after you’ve gotten Amaretto!
Don't listen to Chris.. Just get them both... You know you will eventually.

giphy.gif

7 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Tired this morning... Stayed up late watching the certification of the election so I'm moving a little slow today. :sleep:

In a Rippingtons mood today so here are a few for your Thursday. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. First time using the GD "Incense & Oud" soap this morning. Great scent and performance. Added a drop of rose EO to give it a little extra depth. Finished with a splash of Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel and some Duke Cannon Aftershave Balm. Nice!!

Hope you have a great day!

Grooming Dept. "Incense & Oud" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver / Alum / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel / DC Aftershave Balm / CdG Incense "Avignon"

IMG-5176.jpg

Seems like you’re getting along with your Model-T just fine? Great to see! Seems to be a mixed back with people either loving it or hating it.

Seems like you’re getting along with your Model-T just fine? Great to see! Seems to be a mixed back with people either loving it or hating it.
Yeah, I really like it. Great shaver. Fairly aggressive IMO.. I haven't had it set any higher than "3" and I can get an effortless BBS shave there. Nice heft and seems to be very well made.

12 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great evening.

In a hurry again this morning, stayed up to watch the Championship Game.. In case you didn't watch it.. 😁 🏈🏆

Untitled.jpg

Let's get some tunes going this morning, Here's a few from waaaaaay back in the 90's. Remember that? 🥸

Hope you have a great day!!

Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Shave Soap / Shave Forge & PAA Brush / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Moon Soaps "Sorrento" Aftershave Balm / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

SOTD Pic coming later

Back