The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Sounds like the Eve is going swimmingly! Good shave and good food...bummer you have to miss out on half of that ☹️

28 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!!

In the mood for some Latin Jazz this morning so here are a couple from the great Michel Camilo. From his Triangulo album, here are "Piece of Cake" & "Descarga for Tito".

Hope you enjoy..

Great shave today! The Stirling soap delivered the goods as always! Great lather. Three passes with the Rockwell Model T, then the Williams Aqua Velva (with added skin food) and a spray of Royal Mayfair. Great start to the week!

Hope you have a great day!!

Stirling Soap Co. "Glastonbury" Shave Soap / AA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Williams "Aqua Velva" + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG-5109a.jpg

Watch out world...Mark went with Creed today! 😎
giphy.gif

29 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Getting things rolling here at WMRK with some instrumental / fusion / jazz / metal from Aussie guitarist Plini. Here is Handmade Cities.

Wonderful shave today! First time using the "Old School" soap from Moon Soaps. Love the scent! Tobacco, vetiver, leather, mahogany, and vanilla combine nicely. Subtle and well balanced. The lather is fantastic as well. Finished with a splash of Whiskey Woods (with some skin food additives) and a spray of Dior Homme. Fantastic!

Hope you have a good day!

Moon Soaps "Old School" Shave Soap / Shavemac 386 Synth / Rockwell "Model T" / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods" + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Dior Homme EdT

IMG-5117.jpg

30 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

I'm in an electronica mood this morning so for today's Morning Music segment I'm choosing some Retro Electro / Synthwave music. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of the Heritage Hill soap (thanks again @DeepSea!!). Wonderfully slick lather! Very light aroma and no one note stood out more than the other. They simply combined into a light, "cologne-like" scent. This would make a great summer time soap. Also used the new brush today. This is the handle I ordered from Tim (@Knothead ) in which I set a 26mm Nexus fan/bulb hybrid knot I ordered from Phoenix Shaving. Finished with some Paul Sebastian balm and matching cologne. Excellent!!

Hope you have a great day!!

Heritage Hill Shave Co. "John Paul Jones" Shave Soap / Knothead "Swamp Thing" w/ Nexus synth
Rockwell "Model T" / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Paul Sebastian Aftershave Balm & EdC

IMG-5125.jpg

I’m really happy you’re liking the Soap! As soon as I saw it named after the Father of the US Navy with a wooden ship and bay rum scent I KNEW it had to be the one!

31 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre!! Hope you had a wonderful evening.

New_Years_Eve_banner.jpg

Well, it's finally here! The final day of 2020, The Year of Suck!! And although we're all aware that things wont magically change come tomorrow, the new year always brings with it a hope that things will get better. So my prayer for you all is that 2021 is a year of peace, a year of happiness and a year of good health to you and yours.

I had thought about celebratory music for the final 2020 edition of Morning Music, but I'm in a more subdued mood today so I'm going back to the Jazz channel on YouTube. Really great stuff to have on for the work day. Hope you enjoy!

Wonderful shave to end the year today! No real "theme", just random selections that combined to produce a great last shave of 2020.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

PAA "Sangre De Drago" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Big Bruce" / Rockwell "Model T" / Polsilver
Alum / Aqua Velva "Musk" + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Pierre Cardin EdC

IMG-5128a.jpg

4 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Let's get things going this morning with some good old-fashioned Rock N Roll!

Great shave today! Observed "No Shave Sunday" yesterday so today's shave was especially nice and close! Two-passes and a touch up was all that was needed. Finished with some Aqua Velva (with added skin food stuffs) and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence". Great start to the week!

Hope you have a great day. :)

Barrister and Mann "Le Grande Chypre" Shave Soap / Knothead "Swamp Thing" / Rockwell "Model T"
Polsilver / Alum / Aqua Velva + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-5155.jpg

Oh mercy, WMRK is more ready for this week than I am. I'm needing to slide into things all mellow like.

Back