The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 January, 2021

Damn! In training all morning. My ability/patience to sit through hours of dry, mundane crap that does not apply to my job in the least, but is globally disseminated so everyone will "be on the same page" has gotten so much shorter as I've gotten older. By the end it was as if the teachers from the Charlie Brown cartoons was giving the lecture..

Wah waaaaah, wa wa waaaa waaaah... 🤪

So today it will be "Afternoon Music" and I need something to get me back in the right head space...

Ahhhhhhhh! :cool:🍹

Hope you're having a great day!!

CBL Fusion "Dragon's Blood" Shave Soap / Knothead Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
Gillette Silver Blue / CBL "Dragon's Blood" Aftershave Tonic / YSL "La Nuit De L'homme" EdT

IMG-5197.jpg

My ability/patience to sit through hours of dry, mundane crap that does not apply to my job in the least,
We had our global conference virtually last month. A day and a half worth of stuff that has nothing to do with the day to day operations of our business. I was so happy to have to sit through that...🙄

At least you had a nice shave to kick the day off!

14 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre!! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get right to today's edition of WMRK's Morning Music where I'll feature one of my all-time favorite bands! From Chi-town Illinois, here are The Staple Singers!

Great shave today! Back to the Rockwell Model T. Love that razor!! First use of the Paladin soap. Great lather and shave but very lightly scented. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Everest" with some skin food added. Excellent!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Paladin Shaving "Natchez Trace" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell "Model T"
Kai / Alum / Vintage Avon "Everest" + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Dior Homme EdT

IMG-5203.jpg

Well, I've only heard the first song of course. Not bad. They go with the sunny day here.

15 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get this Friday edition of WMRK's Morning Music going. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today! First use of the Los Jabones De Joserrasoap and it was phenomenal. Incredible slick lather and the scent was wonderful. More "green" than I was expecting. Finished with a splash of Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel (with added skin food) and a spray of Czech & Speake No.88 EdC. Great finish to the work week

Hope you're having a wonderful day!

Los Jabones De Joserra "Black Rose" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T" / Kai
Alum / Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Czech & Speake No.88 EdC

IMG-5208.jpg

18 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some tunes going this morning here at WMRK Internet Radio. It's Monday so here's some appropriate music to get the work week started.

In a hurry this morning so I didn't get around to snapping a pic (substituting one from the inter-tubes) but great shave nonetheless! Love the scent and performance of the GFT "Spanish Leather" products.

Hope you have a great Monday!

Geo F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Yaqi "Balrog" Synth / Stirling Soap Co. Collapsible Bowl / Rockwell "Model T"
Kai / Geo F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" Aftershave Splash / Geo F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" EdC

1933975_1236949606320318_4401306262553409821_n.jpg

19 January, 2021

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Kind of a dreary, rainy day here in the south so I thought I'd find some music that would fit the mood around here. This is really close.

Great shave this morning! First time using a shave soap from WSP. Great soap and scent. Wood and spice with a little powder and a hint of sweetness. Finished with the Pinaud Reserve Whiskey Woods splash and a spray of Polo Modern Reserve. Fantastic!

Hope you're having a great week, my friends!

WSP "Formula T - Mahogany" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare / Rockwell "Model T" / Kai
Pinaud Reserve "Whiskey Woods + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / Polo Modern Reserve EdC

IMG-5231a.jpg

Nice and woody smelling?
giphy.gif

Back