The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

18 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Things are a bit out of order this morning. Had to sit in on a conference call and not knowing how long it would take, I went ahead and made the "Morning Music" post. Gotta say, the Winter Jazz channel over on YouTube has become one of my favorite at-work listening choices. Great tunes!

A bit of good news this morning. It appears that my CBL order which I placed at the beginning of the month will finally land today.Got some "Patchouli" and "Lavender & Leather" shave soaps along with some "Sandalwood Musk" bar soap. Gonna be nice to finally get them in.

Great shave today. Decided to try the new Shavemac synth again, this time with a bowl lather and the results were much better.

First use of the St. James of London "Mandarin & Patchouli" Shave Cream. Nice performance and scent. Lather on par with TobS and the scent was subtle. Citrus forward. Personally, I would have liked more patchouli in there.

Finished with some of the Soap Commander "Respect" Lime & Patchouli aftershave balm and a spritz of Parfums de Nicolai "Patchouli Homme"

Great finish to the work week!

Proraso Preshave Cream / St. James of London "Mandarin & Patchouli" Shave Cream / Shavemac 173 / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Soap Commander "Respect" Lime & Patchouli Aftershave Balm / PdN "Patchouli Homme"

IMG-5027.jpg

Good work Mark! You’re nearly at the finish line for the week! Go get em!
Thanks, Chris!

Words to live by, my friend, words to live by. The 1970s will never go out of style! ;)
LOL! Yep, the 70's were a special time! :cool:

tumblr_q7okwaXJEq1qja9fro1_400.gif

21 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

With Christmas only a few days away, WMRK is going full-on Christmas music. First a little Jethro Tull style holiday music!

Great shave today! Of course, owing to the time of year, there was only one logical choice for today's shave. ;)

Hope you have a wonderful day!

PAA "Solstice" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "Solstice" Star Jelly

IMG-5061.jpg

22 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Continuing on with WMRK's "Sounds Of The Season", here's a few from an album (CD) I actually bought on a whim at a gas station in Newport News Va. back when I was in the Navy. It's become one of my favorites. Here's Roger Whittaker.

Birthday shave today! Luckily my order of the new Dragon's Blood in the bamboo bowl arrived yesterday so I used it this morning. Love this soap! Great performance and scent. Finished with a splash of the matching aftershave tonic and a spray of John Varvatos EdT.

Hope you have a great day!!

CBL Fusion "Dragon's Blood" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. Boar / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Dragon's Blood" Aftershave Tonic / John Varvatos EdT

IMG-5066.jpg

23 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.. :)

Cruising right on into Christmas like a boss here at WMRK..

giphy.gif

Today, we're stepping into the Way-Back machine to a couple of albums which meant "Christmas time was here" to my brother and me as kids. I remember listening to these records for hours in the wood-paneled living room, laying under the tree and looking up at all the light. Magical!! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today although the LNHC soap took a bit of extra work for some reason. Finally got a great lather and with a smooth three-pass BBS shave. Finished with some Duke Cannon balm and a spray of Fine "American Blend" EdT.

Hope you have a great day!!

LNHC "Gentleman's Lavender" Shave soap / PAA "The Starcraft" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" Aftershave Balm / Fine "American Blend" EdT

IMG-5071a.jpg

24 December, 2020

Merry Christmas Eve, everyone!!

A little late getting posted today so that's why I put the music on earlier. Just got off the phone with my pops who's in Florida. Really miss seeing him this year. Had hoped we'd all get to be together for Christmas this year, but 2020 had other plans. Shooting for next year. Dad's making his famous "Pernil" that I'm VERY sorry I'll miss! It's always delicious. Gonna try my hand at one for New Years.

For those who don't know what pernil is, let me Googe that for you.

Great shave today! First time using the new Rockwell Model T. Holy cow this is a big razor! Its like someone took a Gillette Slim and put it into the "Enormousizer" (I'm gonna trademark that!).. Check it out!

IMG-5079.jpg IMG-5080.jpg

Huge!! And a great shaver to boot. Adjustable from 1 through 6 so I set it at 3. Was fairly aggressive so I think tomorrow I'll back it off to 2 and see how things go.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!!

Moon Soaps "Union" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell "Model T" Adjustable
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" Aftershave Splash

IMG-5077.jpg

Back