The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

11 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Thought I'd close out the week musically with a couple from Peter Gabriel. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! LOVE the scent of the CBL "Hombres", and I've said it before but it bears repeating, that aftershave tonic is money! Three-passes with a fresh Wizamet left my mug smoother than Philadelphia Cream Cheese® and finished with a spritz of "Feuilles de Tabac". Great low-key frag.

Hope you have a great day!

CBL "Hombres Barber Shop" Shave Soap / PAA "The Solar Flare" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Hombres Barber Shop" Aftershave Tonic

IMG-4974.jpg

left my mug smoother than Philadelphia Cream Cheese®
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Not sure what that really means? Sticky I guess? Are we talking about cream cheese that was taken out of the freezer...refrigerator...or maybe softened in the microwave. Either way...good stuff!

Great musical selections too! Haven't listened to Peter Gabriel in a long time!

14 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get some music going this morning and here's some for @NurseDave. Hope you enjoy!

Found out this past weekend that the singer in my country band has tested positive for COVID-19. Luckily we weren't able to practice this past Thursday (drummer couldn't make it) or else I'd be quarantining right now. 😲
I've been checking on him and he's doing okay. Mild symptoms. Unfortunately his wife is experiencing symptoms now. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Great shave today! First use of the AoS "Bourbon" shaving cream. Very nice! Woody and warm.. Finished with a splash of the Nivea aftershave and a spray of the Creed "Royal Oud".

Hope you have a great day!!

Art of Shaving "Bourbon" Shaving Cream / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Nivea Deep Comforting "Vanilla & Bourbon" / Creed "Royal Oud"

IMG-4995.jpg

Best wishes for good Heath to your band mate and his missus.

Yummy scents! I have a near full tub of AOS Bourbon sitting in my den...I do love the scent and the cream performance, I just don’t reach for it very often for some reason. Considering trading it for a different slightly fresher scented AOS cream perhaps.

Best wishes for good Heath to your band mate and his missus.

Yummy scents! I have a near full tub of AOS Bourbon sitting in my den...I do love the scent and the cream performance, I just don’t reach for it very often for some reason. Considering trading it for a different slightly fresher scented AOS cream perhaps.
Thanks, Chris. I was a little disappointed with it scent-wise at first, but it's growing on me..

15 December, 2020

In a Pink Floyd mood this morning and thought I'd go with a couple from 1987's "A Momentary Lapse of Reason". On a side note, this was the first album I bought on CD.

Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Been a while since I last used the Seaforth "Heather". Had forgotten what a great smelling and performing soap it is. Finished with a splash of the matching aftershave and a spritz of Knize Forest.

Great way to start the day!!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Heather" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. Boar / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Heather" Aftershave Toner

IMG-5003a.jpg

16 December, 2020

How about some Christmas Jazz this morning.. Think I'll have this playing all day!

Great shave today! The more I used the B&M soaps the more I like them. Some of the best soap out there. The scent of the "Cologne Russe" reminds me of 4711 so I always pair the two. Today I added a dab of 444 and a few drops of hyaluronic acid serum. Finished with a spray of Divine's "L'Homme Sage" EdP.

Proraso Preshave Cream / B&M "Cologne Russe" Shave Soap / RR 400 "Noir" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / 4711 + 444 + Hyaluronic Acid Serum / "L'Homme Sage" EdP

IMG-5011.jpg

17 December, 2020

Plini Roessler-Holgate is a phenomenal guitarist who hails from "Down Under". Just had a new album come out but this one from 2015 is one of my favorites.. Hope you enjoy!

Incredible shave today! CBL Dragon's Blood soap is some of the best smelling I've used. Performance is out-of-this-world as well! Three passes and I finished with a splash of the DB Aftershave Tonic. Wonderful!

The scent of the soap and plash is sweet and powdery so I wanted to contrast it with something dark and dry. Commes de Garcons: "Incense - Avignon" fits that bill nicely. Nothing sweet or bright, just a dry, dark resinous incense frag. One of my favorites!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Master Barber "Dragon's Blood" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Dragon's Blood" After Shave Tonic / Commes de Garcons "Incense - Avignon"

IMG-5020a.jpg

Back