The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

7 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend.

The countdown continues! 25 days until we put the "Year of Suck" behind us!!

Giving @NurseDave some Christmas music this morning. I've seen these guys in concert and oh boy, what a show! If you have a chance to go see them, DO IT!!

Great shave today!Three pass shave. No touch up, just WTG, XTG and AGT..The results were what they were and you know what, with the exception of a small area on my lower neck, it was a fantastic BBS shave!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Master Barber "Barbiere Vichingo" Shave Soap / Semogue 830 / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Acqua Di Parma "Colonia" Aftershave Balm / YSL "La Nuit De L'Homme" EdT

IMG-4943.jpg

8 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Let's get into a different kind of Christmas "spirit" today. Totally different take on holiday music an album that gets quite a lot pf play this time of year..

Great shave today! Used the new Shavemac this morning and was surprised at how stiff and scritchy it was. Almost like a badger brush before it's been broken in. I'll try it with a bowl lather next time. The Soap Commander soap provided a nice base and I really like the combination of lime & patchouli.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Soap Commander "Respect" Lime & Patchouli / Shavemac 173 Synth / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Soap Commander "Respect" Lime & Patchouli Aftershave Balm / PdN "Patchouli Homme EdT

IMG-4954.jpg

Used the new Shavemac this morning and was surprised at how stiff and scritchy it was. Almost like a badger brush before it's been broken in. I'll try it with a bowl lather next time.
Uh oh! What made you pick the fan? Just something different?

It’s Ok...we need more of that creamy caramel coffee looking Shavmac anyway 😍

Wow. I'm surprised at the Shavemac. Some synths are scritchy and stiff, but I figured a fan would have had more give than a bulb. Unless it does! Gulp. Can't even fathom how bad their synth bulbs are then... Hmm... Does concrete classify as a synthetic material? Lol.

I hope it gets better for you.

Wow. I'm surprised at the Shavemac. Some synths are scritchy and stiff, but I figured a fan would have had more give than a bulb. Unless it does! Gulp. Can't even fathom how bad their synth bulbs are then... Hmm... Does concrete classify as a synthetic material? Lol.

I hope it gets better for you.
No I one of their synth bulbs and it has a lot more give than this one..

716F7489-174D-4FDE-8620-907B3F0CD791.jpeg

That's good to know. Someday I may breakdown and order a Shavemac. I'll definitely steer towards the bulb, then.

That's ones a beauty. 👍

9 December, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

I'm in a laid back mood this morning so here's something nice and relaxing for your Wednesday.

Great shave today. Lisa's soap continies to impress. 3-pass, BBS shave with no nicks / irritation. Finished with a splash of Nivea and a spray of Dior Homme EdT.

LNHC "Somali Rose" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet Super Iridium
Alum / Nivea Deep Comforting Aftershave "Vanilla & Bourbon" / Dior Homme EdT

IMG-4963.jpg

9 December, 2020

Great shave today. Lisa's soap continies to impress. 3-pass, BBS shave with no nicks / irritation.

LNHC "Somali Rose" Shave Soap

Amen. That smell, too... Somali Rose is my favorite from Lisa's.

I might just have to use Somali for tomorrow's shave, if the mood sticks around. [emoji106][/size][/color][/b][/i][/center]

Btw, thanks for the tunes. This might stay on all day while I work. Good call Mark!
Back to Lisa's soaps, I have "Gentleman's Lavender" and "Tobacco Bay" en route.. Maybe it'll get here before this time next year.. Damn slow-ass US postal service.. 🤬

10 December, 2020

For today's morning music I'm going to go with what I did yesterday. I had that YouTube channel streaming here at the office all day and really enjoyed it! Very tasty tunes! So let's keep the mellow mood going for your Thursday.

Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today. Love the Barrister Reserve soaps. Great post shave face feel. Used more of the hyaluronic acid serum though probably didn't need with the splash. Finished with a spray of CK Obsession.

Barrister's Reserve "Classic" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RazoRock "Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Classic" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4968.jpg

Last edited:
4 December, 2020

The countdown continues! 28 days until we put the "Year of Suck" behind us!!

Heard just a snippet of this artist this morning and I decided to feature him for today's "Morning Music" segment. With a Fender Stratocaster and a most difficult to pronounce name, Yngwie Malmsteen took the concept of "Neoclassical Rock" (pioneered by Deep Purple's guitarist Ritchie Blackmore) into the heavy metal mainstream. Incorporating classical influences from Bach and Niccolo Paganini and combining them with 70's Heavy Metal, he created a new sub-genre which he still reigns over to this day. Here are a couple of tracks from his 1984 debut.

Not the greatest shave today. Not sure why. Maybe I was distracted.. I didn't sleep well last night. That could have contributed.. Maybe the planets with misaligned... Whatever the reason, today's shave left a lot to be desired.

First time using the Nivea splash that the wife got me (yeah, she's contributing to my disorder now!). I really like it!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Saponificio Varesino "70th Anniversary" Shave Soap / PAA "The Star Craft" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Nivea "Deep Comforting" Aftershave Lotion + 100% Hyaluronic Acid Serum

View attachment 41709
Dang, I was a bit behind but catching up. I haven’t heard Yngwie Malmsteen in several years. Thank you for that!

Head banging can leave me with an iffy shave also. I have to use a DE on those days too.

Back