The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

13 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! It's Friday the 13th.... 2020! 😱

In spite of the ominous day, I had a wonderful shave this morning! Love the scent and performance from the CBL "TSC Bingo Bomb" soap. Interesting scent. Hard to tell what's all's in there. But whatever it is, I like it! Finished with a Duke Cannon's bracing balm and a spray of Creed "Royal English Leather". Bring on the day!!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL "TSC Bingo Bomb" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Duke Cannon Ice Cold Aftershave Balm / Creed Royal English Leather EdP

IMG-4791.jpg

Nice shave Mark! The BINGO BOMB is a remnant of one of my disastrous games 😂

From what I remember it’s got Chris’ “granite” base, Ghost cooling, and a pina colada-ish scenting. I have a tub tucked away too...good summer soap!

Nice shave Mark! The BINGO BOMB is a remnant of one of my disastrous games 😂

From what I remember it’s got Chris’ “granite” base, Ghost cooling, and a pina colada-ish scenting. I have a tub tucked away too...good summer soap!
Thanks for the info, Chris.. Yeah pineapple makes sense now. I was detecting something a little "Creed Aventus" in there, minus the pencil shavings..

16 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Monday edition of WMRK's "Morning Music" and I want to feature a band that I've loved for a long time. I've heard these guys referred to as "The Eagles from Down Under". The Little River Band hails from Melbourne Australia in the mid 70's and the band continues to be active today. As a bassist, one of my all-time favorite LRB songs is this deep cut from the 1978 album "Sleeper Catcher". Here's the Little River Band with "Light of Day".

Here's a couple more for your Monday morning coffee!

Double shave post today. Not even gonna post up Saturday's shave. Found an old bowl with some GFT "Eucris" and used it. Terrible lather! Really foamy and just bad all-around. Sunday's shave was much, much better. Had a puck of vintage Ralph Lauren "Safari" shave soap that I've had for years (can't remember when I got it). Decided to pop it into one of the plastic tubs and give it a go. Wonderful! Great lather and shave! I needed that after the Saturday GFT Debacle.

Went with a gift from the wife for today's shave. Talk about a keeper! Buying me more shave stuff?? Hell yeah, she's a keeper!! :love:

Shave was good. Need to work a little more with the lather to get the ratios dialed in but it has promise. Love the scent!

15 November, 2020

Proraso Preshave Cream / RL "Safari" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Duke Cannon Ice Cold Aftershave Balm / Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-4798.jpg

16 November, 2020

Proraso Preshave Cream / Soap Commander "Respect" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Soap Commander "Respect" Aftershave Balm / PdN "Patchouli Homme" EdT

IMG-4803.jpg

Little River Band
I saw them perform, and remember that they were quite good. They weren't the headliner - pretty sure it was a Marshall Tucker Band concert at Winterland in San Francisco sometime in 1979. Nice musical choices this morning, Mark! (y)

I saw them perform, and remember that they were quite good. They weren't the headliner - pretty sure it was a Marshall Tucker Band concert at Winterland in San Francisco sometime in 1979. Nice musical choices this morning, Mark! (y)
Thank you, sir!! :)

"Reminiscing" is one of my all-time favorite tracks. LRB is awesome, and I haven't heard Light of Day in so many years, with those harmonies that are a lush CSNY kind of thing with just a touch of late 60s Beach Boys. Very nice indeed! Bravissimo!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

"Reminiscing" is one of my all-time favorite tracks. LRB is awesome, and I haven't heard Light of Day in so many years, with those harmonies that are a lush CSNY kind of thing with just a touch of late 60s Beach Boys. Very nice indeed! Bravissimo!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Got a doctor’s appointment this morning. Can you be today’s guest DJ??

17 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great night.

Bit of a mix-up this morning with the doctor's appt. Guess I need to just come to terms with the fact that my memory isn't what it used to be and I need to write stuff down from now on. Oh well, happens to the best of us.

Hope to have my Christmas Buddy's gift in the mail this week. Hope he likes it. 🎅🎄

Let's get the morning kicked off the right way with a little bit of music.. Let's ease on down that Tuesday highway with some Larry Carlton! Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today! Not much to say other than excellent performances all around as you'd expect from these top-shelf items.

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Black Rose Oud Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Geo F. Trumper's Coral Skin Food / Creed "Royal Oud" EdP

IMG-4813.jpg

I'm the emergency substitute DJ this morning. It's solidly Fall here in Middle Tennessee, so I'm finally bidding adieu to Summer with a wistful classic track from the Beach Boys, Surf's Up.

Surf's Up

But I don't want to leave you wistful on a Tuesday, so let's look forward to a better Summer in 2021! Here's Do It Again, also by the Beach Boys. Fun fact: The strange reverb on the drums in the beginning was achieved by setting up and recording them in Brian Wilson's empty swimming pool. Enjoy!

Do It Again

Have a great day, and thanks ro Mark for the opportunity!

Frank

Back