The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 November, 2020

Good evening Cadre! Hope your weekend is going well.

A rare Saturday edition of WMRK "Morning Music after Dark" (need to work on that.. :unsure: )

Anyhoo... Here's something smooth for your Saturday evening..

Up at 6am with a call from work then some shopping with the missus (got the last gift for my buddy's Christmas package) and home in time to watch the Crimson Tide violate UK (63 to 3).

Great weekend shave when I got back home from working. Not much to say other than great day overall.

Hope you have a wonderful evening!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL "Tucson Lime" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RR Game Changer
Polilver Super Iridium / Alum / Pinaud Reserve "Tequila Tease" / V&R SpiceBomb EdT

IMG-4834.jpg

Last edited:
22 November, 2020

Good evening Cadre!

Wanted to give you all something a little easy-going for your Sunday night. Here's a mix of lo-fi trip-hop, electronic, acid jazz and trance for you evening.

Great shave today. Loved the sent of the Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla". Very nice combination of notes. Haven't used the Tai Winds in a while so I finished with the splash and cologne. Love that frag! It smells like the 70's to me. 😎

Hope you're having a great evening..

Proraso Preshave Cream / Southern Witchcrafts "Carmilla" Shave Soap / RR "Big Bruce" / RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Vintage Avon "Tai Winds" Aftershave Splash & Cologne

IMG-4842a.jpg

23 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's ease into Monday with some 3 Dog Night.

Great shave this morning. JabonMan's soaps are some of the best I've used!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Eufros "Boreal" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Mennen Skin Bracer / Brut "Special Reserve" EdC

IMG-4845.jpg

24 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre. Hope you had a pleasant night.

Let's get the day rolling with some music! Here are The Rippingtons with a couple of tunes from their 2000 release Life In The Tropics..

Great shave this morning! Really liking the results I'm getting from the Victory Shaving Co. soap. Bowl lathered with the Shavemac and my Stirling collapsible bowl. So good I went with a full three-pass shave this morning. I can tell it's time to change the blade though..

Proraso Preshave Cream / Victory Shaving Co. "Champaign" Shave Soap / Shavemac 386 Synth / Stirling Soap Co. Travel Bowl
RazoRock Game Changer / Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Acqua Di Parma Colonia Aftershave Balm and Edc

IMG-4853.jpg

Some video of the country band's show this past Halloween..

Kinda looks like the Lull 5 on Boot Scootin' Boogie? I love it!! :p

Kinda looks like the Lull 5 on Boot Scootin' Boogie? I love it!! :p
Thanks! It's actually a Valenti 5 but on par with Lull in every aspect (I have a Lull M5V also).

Ash body / Maple neck
Birdseye Maple fretboard
Hipshot hardware
Aquilar AG5J-70 single coil pickups
Aguilar OBP-1 preamp with Vintage Tone Control
Shoreline Gold finish

2.jpg

Last edited:
The Stirling travel bowl is the only bowl I've ever shaved with. It works really well for me. Tons of lather in no time at all.

25 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Well, it's the day before Thanksgiving (here in America) and that can mean only one thing....

ZAPPA

Why? Because every day is a great day to listen to Frank Zappa!

Great shave today! Back to the Rockwell loaded with a fresh Kai. Wooo weeeee! Compared to the RR Game Changer, the No. 4 base plate on the 6S much more aggressive! Think I'll pop plate 3 on it for tomorrow's shave. The Fine "L'Orange Noir" is a great match for Terre d'Hermes frag. The aftershave splash can be drying so I added a dab of 444 gel. Overall great shave!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Fine "L'Orange Noir" Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / Rockwell 6S
Kai / "444" Gel + Fine "L'Orange Noir" Aftershave Splash / Terre d'Hermes EdT

IMG-4863.jpg

Great music choices! I'll be settling my stuffed stomach into an east chair and streaming the new Zappa documentary tonight! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Great music choices! I'll be settling my stuffed stomach into an east chair and streaming the new Zappa documentary tonight! Happy Thanksgiving!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Gonna be doing the same!! :cool:

Back