The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

10 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

It's been a weird morning so I thought I'd indulge in some Gavin Harrison and 05Ric. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! First use of the Moon Soap's "Havana". Nice scent and lather. Gonna give it a few more tries to get the water ratio correct. I'm slowly but surely turning back into a tallow snob. :oops:
Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Everest" and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence".

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Moon Soap "Havana" Shave Soap / PAA "Starcraft" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Avon "Everest" Aftershave Splash / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

View attachment 39956
I’ve got Avon Everest in my stash and dig it too.

11 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre and a Happy Veterans Day to all my brothers here who served!

For today's "Morning Music" I'm going to feature songs from albums that got LOTS of play during my time in the Navy. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! Been a LONG time since I last used a boar brush. Definitely requires a different technique. And boy, that smell! o_O

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL "Hombres" Shave Soap / Omega Boar / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Hombres" Aftershave Apothecary Tonic

IMG-4779.jpg

Man, I haven’t listened to Dream Theater or Joe Satriani in forever! Gunna make me a playlist for this evening.

Man, I haven’t listened to Dream Theater or Joe Satriani in forever! Gunna make me a playlist for this evening.
Rock the house, John!

UWt2_G.gif

12 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Tired this morning. Didn't sleep well. Back pain kept waking me up and I kept having strange dreams when I did sleep. So in light of my strange, and at times disturbing nocturnal travels, here's some equally strange music for today's "Morning Music".

Great shave today. Went with Moon Soaps again but this time used their barbershop scent called "Union". To my nose it smells very similar to AdP Colonia. Very nice. The lather was fantastic as well. Very slick and provided a great base for a wonderful two-pass shave (with touch up). Finished with Pinaud Clubman. Excellent!

Hope you have a great day!

Moon Soap "Union" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Pinaud Clubman Aftershave Lotion

IMG-4787.jpg

Back