The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

I’ve grilled in the snow a few times ... but it just taste so much better! Good job [emoji106]
giphy.gif

Alright, well I told ya all that I'm into the Christmas music already. Here are a few selections that I think the boss will be happy with.

And for those with a refined palate...

18 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great night.

Thanks to @NurseDave for filling in as WMRK Guest DJ this morning. Great selections!

giphy.gif

Incredible shave this morning. Really liking the Master Barber soaps from CBL. Mash 'em down into a mug and you're good to go! The scent of the "Dragon's Blood" is wonderful. The Semogue 830 is a much better boar brush than the Omega.

Had to go back to the doc and get my shingles vaccine booster. My dad is currently dealing with it on his face and in his eye.. Poor guy.. He's have a rough time with it. I've had chicken pox so I'd like to do everything to avoid the other.

Hope you have a great day.

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL Master Barber "Dragon's Blood" / Semogue 830 / RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Aqua Velva Musk Aftershave Cologne

IMG-4817.jpg

Interesting musical choices, @NurseDave . Personally, I'm not ready for Christmas till after Thanksgiving, but whatever, I may be in the minority. Nice shave, @MarkB
Me too neither. I usually wait until the day after Thanksgiving to jump on it. But this year sucks so hard, I decided we're going to start enjoying something earlier just to have something happy.

19 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Rough night for me. Terrible back pain kept me up for most of it. Took a "Navy cure all" and managed to make it into work today.** A great shave and hot coffee help too.

Lets get some tunes going this morning with some music from three Rock & Jazz heavyweights.. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave as I stated above. The GFT "Eucris" soap left a lot to be desired but the "GFT" Shave Cream is money!

Hope you have a great day!

**"Navy cure all" = 800mg Ibuprofen

Geo F Trumper "GFT" Shave Cream / Shavemac 386 Synthetic / Stirling Soap Co. Travel Bowl / RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Fine "American Blend" Aftershave Balm / Fine "American Blend" EdT

IMG-4819a.jpg

20 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

It's "Freaky Friday" Here at WMRK Internet Radio but we're not gonna get too far out there. Gonna delve into some "Synthwave" this morning. "Synthwave" is a sub genre of electronic music taking cues less from 80's mainstream music and more from the cinematic side of things, in particular action, science fiction & horror movies from the likes of John Carpenter, Jean Michel-Jarre, Vangelis & Tangerine Dream. This genre really shot into the mainstream with the music for the Netflix series Stranger Things.

And so, from their album III, here's Kalax..

Great shave today. Love the performance of the LNHC "Somali Rose" soap. But, in all honesty, the smell straight outta the tub before first lather was FONKY! 😵 I'm guessing it's from the sheep's milk base. Luckily, once loading / lathering began, the soap's other frag notes began to emerge. Overall it's a little tame scent-wise for me. Being that it's right there in the soap's name, It'd be nice to smell more of the rose note. The anise and musk came through nicely and I could detect a faint chocolate note as well.

The lather was great! VERY slick but not as cushioning as I'd like. That may just be my fault with the water-to-soap ratio. Still it provided a great two-pass shave (with touch up). Post shave face feel was very nice. No dry, tight feeling at all. Finished with a splash of vintage Avon SeaZone aftershave.

Hope you have a great day!!

Proraso Preshave Cream / LNHC "Somali Rose" / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Vintage Avon "SeaZone" After Shave Splash

IMG-4831a.jpg

Great shave Mark! That Avon bottle is cool.

Love the synth music selection today...100% 80s vibe. Very Blade Runner and most recently very Stranger Things! So good!

Back