The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

5 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Great shave today. Initial shave with the Southern Witchcrafts' "Tres Matres" soap. Named as a tribute the Dario Argento masterpiece "Suspiria", I thought it only right to feature a couple of songs from the soundtrack. @NurseDave, just go ahead and turn on Spotify's "Mellow Morning" channel. :ROFLMAO:

From the Suspiria soundtrack, here is Goblin with "Supiria" and "Witch".

Like "Desairology", the lather produced was incredible. Some of the best I've used. "Rose" just seemed a logical choice for this soap so I went with Trumper's "Coral Skin Food" and finished with a spray of Czech & Speake's "No.88" EdC.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Southern Withcrafts "Tres Matres" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / GFT "Coral Skin Food" / Czech & Speake "No.88" EdC

IMG-4742.jpg

Last edited:
Interesting music pieces! They’re likable and could probably stand on their own without the extra sounds, but definitely spooky with the creature noises mixed in there.

They do have other albums that are more rock / prog rock oriented. All instrumental. Check them out..

6 November, 2020

TGIF!!! Let's party!!

Great shave today! This is frankly one of the best soap and splash I've ever used. Seriously, this is top 3 for me.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Grooming Essentials "Melange d'agrumes" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / PAA DOC
Gillette 7 O'clock Stainless / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Melange d'agrumes" Skin Food Splash / Dior Bois D'Argent

IMG-4753.jpg

9 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a Rippingtons mood this morning so here's a couple to ease us into the new work week! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning! The Spearhead Shaving soap is a great performer. Initially the lather was a little too wet but I was able to salvage it and had a wonderful two pass shave (with touch up). I think the RazoRock Game Changer has officially become my favorite razor.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Spiced" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium (1) / Alum / Spearhead Shaving "Seaforth! Spiced" Aftershave Toner / PdN "New York" EdT

IMG-4768.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shave Mark! Razor twinsies today! 😎
tenor.gif

10 November, 2020

It's been a weird morning so I thought I'd indulge in some Gavin Harrison and 05Ric. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! First use of the Moon Soap's "Havana". Nice scent and lather. Gonna give it a few more tries to get the water ratio correct. I'm slowly but surely turning back into a tallow snob. :oops:
Finished with a splash of vintage Avon "Everest" and a spray of Mont Blanc "Presence".

Proraso Preshave Cream / Moon Soap "Havana" Shave Soap / PAA "Starcraft" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Avon "Everest" Aftershave Splash / Mont Blanc "Presence" EdT

IMG-4773.jpg

Back