The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Actually, I'm on vacation this week. But, since the wife recently changed jobs, it's a "stay-cation" for me. I on the other hand had hours I needed to use or lose. So I will be busy getting things done around the house that I've been meaning to get done (as much as my back will allow).

I'll check in when I can. Hope you guys have a great week!

2 November, 2020

Goooooood Morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant week! Had a great week off. Got a lot done and really enjoyed it. But, let's get things moving with today's edition of WMRK's "Morning Music".. Looking around the board for the past week, things seem pretty tame music wise.. So let's shake things up. This guy has become a guitar phenom since exploding on the scent in 2009. His ability astonishes me! He is Tosin Abasi and his band is called Animals As Leaders. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning! The Eufros soaps a blowing my mind with the incredible quality of their soaps. CBL's "Apothecary Tonic" impressed me as well. Great way to start the day.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Eufros "Boreal" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL Soap Co. "Hombres" Aftershave Tonic . Paco Rabanne EdT

IMG-4727.jpg

Thanks Bruce!

Yeah I've seen 8, 9 & 10 string basses! The ones I had were tuned (low to high) F#-B-E-A-D-G-C-F*

*Bold indicates standard 4 string bass guitar.

Would love to have seen that. I got to see Al Di Meola many years ago. That was phenomenal!!

3 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Going along with the soap/splash theme this morning, it's only appropriate to feature these guys for today's Morning Music. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Loving the scent and lather from the CBL "Hombres" soap & splash! Popped out the VCS soap and mashed the CBL puck into the Old Spice mug. MUCH better shave with this soap.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / CBL "Hombres" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / CBL "Hombres" Aftershave Tonic / Brut Special Reserve

IMG-4733a.jpg

4 November, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Running late this morning. Stayed up late watching the returns until I eventually fell asleep in the recliner.. So, I end up hitting the snooze button multiple times and ultimately in a hurry. So no shave pic this morning but there's gotta be music!

Great shave though. Used the new soap from Phoenix Shaving called "Hotel Cecil" which is an homage to Burma Shave. Very nice scent (though on the light side). Two passes and a touch up (remember it's about beard reduction, not elimination ;) ) and I'm out the door with coffee in hand.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Hotel Cecil" Shave Soap / Phoenix Shaving "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell 6S
Wizamet Super Iridium (7) / Alum / PAA "Hotel Cecil" Aftershave Splash / Paul Sebastian EdT

HotelCecilBurmaShaveCK6BundlePhoenixShaving_600x600.jpg

Interesting set look lol. Had to look up the reference - a notable hotel in Los Angeles, CA that has had some strange goings on, deaths, etc.

Did they give you a room key tag with your set? That’d be neat.

Back