The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

12 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant weekend. :)

Let's get your day started with today's "Morning Music" segment. Today I'm featuring the incomparable Jethro Tull. Hope you enjoy!

Fantastic shave today! Initial use of the Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'agrumes" soap and skin food splash. Wow! Completely blown away! The soap lathered easily and was some of the slickest I've used. But as good as the soap is (which is stellar), that skin food splash is just ridiculously good! Two passes and a touch-up and I'm good to go. Post shave face feel was phenomenal! If you're on the fence about ordering some of Frank's wares, stop what you're doing and go order some now! You won't be disappointed!

Hope you have a great day.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'agrumes" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" Brush / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Grooming Essentials "Mélange d'agrumes" Skin Food Splash / AdP Colonia EdC

IMG-4547.jpg

13 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.. :)

Let's get right to today's "Morning Music" segment. Caught a documentary about these guys on Amazon Prime and it was really interesting. The Prog Rocker in me fell in love with this band early on. Great composition, orchestration, subject matter and stellar musicians all. Here's Kansas to get your morning started! Hope you enjoy.

Great shave today! Not much to say other than I'm feeling good and smelling good! :cool:

Hope you have a great day!!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister's Reserve "Spice" ⚓ / PAA "Atomic Rocket / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Barrister's Reserve "Spice" Aftershave Splash / P&G Old Spice EdC

IMG-4554.jpg

14 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening. :)

Rocktober rambles on so let's get things rockin' with a little Led Zeppelin this morning! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Boy, Phoenix Shaving's "Blue Samhain" is Autumn in a tub! Magical scent! Popped a new Polsilver Super Iridium in the Rockwell and had a great shave. Think I'm gonna pop base #4 in and see how that one shaves.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Blue Samhain" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "Blue Samhain" Star Jelly / PdN "Patchouli Homme" EdT

IMG-4563.jpg

15 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night. :)

Today I'm featuring one of the greatest musicians that practically no one has ever heard of. Mike Keneally has played with some of the biggest names in the biz including Frank & Dweezil Zappa, Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Also has his own band and the Zappa influence if glaringly obvious! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Love the scent of Phoenix Shaving's St. Martin's Land. Very nice aromatic fougere that pairs well with the Mousse Illuminee.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell 6S
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Star Jelly / Rogue "Mousse Illuminee" EdT

IMG-4576.jpg

Mike Kennealy is brilliant, although I have to admit I'm really only familiar with his work for Zappa. Back in those days, I was so into Zappa I didn't really listen to much else except Steely Dan. It was a very narrowly focused time in my musical life that lasted until Seattle bands came on the scene, and reignited my dormant punk gene. So, I lost touch with Kennealy's work. Thanks for reintroducing him. I'll definitely give these a listen tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

16 October, 2020

Friday edition of "Morning Music" here at WMRK Internet Radio and during "Rocktober" it always Heavy Metal Friday!!! Today, let's go for something completely different! There are many sub-genres of Heavy Metal and one of my favorite is a category known as "Symphonic Metal" featuring elements of classical, opera, cinematic and Gothic orchestration and arrangement. And one of the greatest Symphonic Metal bands hails from Finland and go by the name Nightwish! Here's a small selection from their vast repertoire. Hope you enjoy!

Outstanding shave this morning! Man, the lather from the Southern Witchcrafts "Desairology" soap was just "out-of-bounds" good! Or, as it's said around these parts, "So good it'll make you slap yo mama"!! Thick, slick and very cushioning lather! Nice scent too. Not sure I'd call it a true "barbershop" scent but it was really nice. The musk and sage really stood out to my nose. Finished with a splash of Vintage Öland and a spray of Paul Sebastian. Great way to end the work week.

Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Southern Witchcrafts "Desairology" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S
Polsilver Super Iridium / Alum / Vintage Avon "Öland" Aftershave Splash / Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-4586.jpg

19 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Straight to "Morning Music" and today I'm going with the "Prince of Darkness" himself, here's Ozzy Osbourne!

Rushed shave this morning but a great one. Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / Rockwell 6S
Kai Stainless / Alum / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" Aftershave Balm / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG-4610.jpg

20 October, 2020

"Rocktober" rolls on and today I'm featuring songs from a band that needs no introduction.. So, hope you enjoy.

Enjoyable shave today. The Knize 10 soap is not the easiest to lather but I was able to make it work. Finished with the Fine "Latigo" splash and a spray of Knize 10 EdT.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Knize 10 Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft"
Rockwell 6s / Kai / Alum / Fine "Latigo" Aftershave Splash / Knize 10 EdT

IMG-4621.jpg

Back