The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

How do you like Latigo? That one seems to have flown mostly under the radar, same with their other new scent...can’t even remember the name...

21 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Late edition of "Morning Music" today. Been in conference calls all morning. "Legendary" is but one of the many superlatives you could bestow upon this band. Like Pink Floyd yesterday, they need no introduction. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Love the shape of the new brush's handle and the knot is very comfortable. Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Diver Down" Shave Soap / Shavemac 386 Synthetic / PAA DOC
Gillette 7 O'Clock Stainless / Alum / PAA "Diver Down" Aftershave Splash PAA "Diver Down" EdP

IMG-4635.jpg

22 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Wanted to feature a band for this morning's "Morning Music" segment that, more than any other band/musician/influence out there, made me want to play music and bass guitar in particular. There's never been a band like them and there will never be another. Like the previous two artists, they need no introduction.

HOLY SCHNIKES what a great shave this morning! The Eufros soap is PHENOMENAL!!! Some of the BEST lather I've ever used. This stuff could turn me into a tallow snob again! Top shelf in every way.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Eufros "Rosa-Oud" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / Rockwell 6S
Kai Stainless / Alum / GFT Coral Skin Food / Domenico Caraceni 1913 EdT

IMG-4637.jpg

23 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Gonna forgo "Friday Metal Mania" (you're welcome @NurseDave ;) ) today and instead go with yet another band that needs no introduction. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today. Great lather as you'd always expect from the Stirling soap. Nice scent too. I don't have Creed Original Santal so I can't comment on its accuracy but it smells really great. Finished with the Williams Aqua Velva. Less sweet, more powder than the American version. Light menthol as well. Finished with a spray of P&G Old Spice. Great way to round out the work week!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Stirling Soap Co. "Intrepid Man" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket / /PAA D.O.C.
Gillette 7 O'clock Green / Alum / Williams Aqua Velva Aftershave Splash / P&G Old Spice EdC

IMG-4647.jpg

That’s what I am talking about DJ Mark!
f75aacc562988cdbd0e6c73633696469.gif

Styx was one of my first concerts. They were playing the county fair

Back