The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

6 October, 2020

Gooooooood morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Continuing on with "Rocktober" and there are very few established bands who can lose their lead singer, bring in another guy (who was the drummer for the band), put a microphone in his hand and skyrocket to a success that completely eclipses what came before. I can only be talking about one band...

Great shave today! Really impressed with the Spearhead soap. Some of the slickest lather I've ever experienced. Scent was wonderful and I really liked the aftershave toner. Two passes and a touch-up with the Game Changer + Wizamet and finished with a spritz of Penhaligon's English Fern. Great way to start the day!

Hope you have a great day my friends!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Spearhead "Seaforth Heather" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Spearhead "Seaforth Heather" Aftershave Toner / Penhaligon's "English Fern" EdT

IMG-4513.jpg

I love the pop-rock Genesis, and your selections are still very prog, but I have a soft spot in my heart for the Peter Gabriel incarnation. That band, ELP, and Yes were my prog-rock trifecta when I was a lad. Good choices!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm shook by this. I remember where I was in 1978 when I first heard their first album. Eruption just seemed impossible to comprehend as something that was actually possible.

I'm shook by this. I remember where I was in 1978 when I first heard their first album. Eruption just seemed impossible to comprehend as something that was actually possible.

I know right?? My jaw was on the floor the first time I heard it.

Many, many hours listening to that record and later cassette tape!

And then to fly right into You Really Got Me, one of the best Rock covers. That album was an ambush. In a good way. I suppose I'll be listening to it tonight and feeling my years. It's a sad day.

7 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Still reeling from the news of Eddie Van Halen's passing. So for today's music segment I wanted to post an entire concert recording in Huntsville, AL back in 1992. I was there and it was incredible! Fan-shot but pretty good video and audio quality.

Not much to say about today's shave. Fantastic results from the Game Changer / Wizamet combo and the scent of the Diver Down soap and splash is wonderful.

Hope you have a wonderful day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Diver Down" Shave Soap / PAA "Solar Flare" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "Diver Down" Aftershave Splash & EdP

IMG-4519.jpg

8 October, 2020

Featuring one of the greatest rock bands.... Ever! These gals have been rockin' since 1973 and in 2012 performed "Stairway To Heaven" at the Kennedy Center which brought Robert Plant to tears.

Here is Heart..

Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! Initial shave with the Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary Special Edition. LOVE the scent! Seems to be a bit thirsty but I finally got the lather where I wanted it and had a wonderful shave.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / SV 70 Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / PAA "Mysterium Serum" Aftershave Balm

IMG-4529.jpg

9 October, 2020

Friday edition of "Morning Music" here at WMRK Internet Radio and during "Rocktober" it always Heavy Metal Friday!!! Been a Maiden fan since I heard "Number of the Beast" way back in the early 80's. In fact, that was the first metal album I ever bought. My sweet, Southern Baptist mom LOVED that! LOL! So here are a few selections from the pioneers of the new wave of British heavy metal. ROCK ON!!

Great shave to close out the week! The Avon Blend 7 aftershave pairs perfectly with the Brylcreem-scented DAB soap. Finished with a spray of Creed "Bois du Portugal". Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "DAB" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Vintage Avon "Blend 7" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4535.jpg

Back