The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

29 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

In a good ol Rock mood today so here are some greats to get your day going

Great shave today! Love the scent of the Barrister and Mann "Lavanille" soap and splash and the face-feel afterward is wonderful!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister and Mann "Lavanille" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Kong" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium (6) / Alum / Barrister and Mann "Lavanille" Aftershave Splash / Dior "Bois D'argent" EdC

IMG-4448.jpg

30 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Continuing on with yesterday's music theme, here's some more good old fashion rock for your morning music! Hope you enjoy!

Initial shave with the Victory soap this morning and I really liked it! Nice, slick lather and the post shave face feel was nice! Scent was great as well.

Hope you have a great day!!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Victory Shaving Co. "Champaign Lady" Shave Soap / Maggard 24mm "Purple Haze"
RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / P&G Old Spice Aftershave Splash & EdC

IMG-4457.jpg

I agree with your thoughts about Victory Shave’s soap. While the majority of my soaps are tallow based. @BarberDave convinced me to give this a go. Glad I did. Solid performance. Good price and great scent and strength of scent. Like the musical selections today as well. Have a good day.
Fluffy

I agree with your thoughts about Victory Shave’s soap. While the majority of my soaps are tallow based. @BarberDave convinced me to give this a go. Glad I did. Solid performance. Good price and great scent and strength of scent. Like the musical selections today as well. Have a good day.
Fluffy
Thank you, sir!! Hope you have a great day as well! :)

1 October, 2020

Gooooooooooood morning Cadre!!! Welcome to October! Hope you had a pleasant night.

It's also the beginning of.. Rocktober.jpg here at WMRK Internet Radio so get ready for an entire month of killer tunes! Let's get it going!!

Great shave this morning! The new Phoenix Shaving brush landed yesterday. Great performance. Love the handle design!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Awesome Sauce" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite"
RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Proraso Aftershave Splash

IMG-4470.jpg

New brush looks great Mark! The bottom looks kind of like a swirly red bleed out, fitting for October.
Thanks, Chris. It's actually more orange / amber.. I guess up against the dark background makes it look more red..

Last edited:
2 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Let's get the tunes going this morning! Last night I had an epiphany... This journal needs MORE COWBELL!!!

Great shave to close out the week! Love the scent of the "Seville" and the lather it produces is exquisite! EdT landed yesterday so I had to use it all this morning. ;)

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister & Mann "Seville" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Barrister & Mann "Seville" Aftershave Splash / Barrister & Mann "Seville" EdT

IMG-4482.jpg

5 October, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get your Monday rocking with some Journey!

Great shave this morning! Really liking Barrister and Mann's "Leviathan"! Wasn't expecting it to be as coffee-forward as it was scent-wise. Kinda put me off a little at first. I love coffee and I love the smell of coffee, but I don't wanna be walking around all day smelling like a "cuppa"... Luckily the coffee note doesn't stay long and the cedar, musk and leather come through. Liked the balm as well. Moisturizing, absorbs quickly and doesn't feel heavy or greasy afterward. Two-passes and a touch up with the Game Changer / Wizamet combo and I was ready to go. Finished with a spritz of Paul Sebastian.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister and Mann "Leviathan" Shave Soap / PAA "Amber Aerolite" / RR Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / Barrister and Mann "Leviathan" Aftershave Balm / Paul Sebastian EdC

IMG-4509.jpg

Back