The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

24 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

The theme for today's "Morning Music" is rain. What's left of TS Beta is moving through and it's been raining since yesterday at 5pm. We could get up to 4". So here's a couple from the soggy south. Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! The Fine soap and splash are almost an exact match to the AoS frag.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Fine "Santal Absolut" Shave Soap / PAA "Solarflare" / RR Game Changer
Super Irridium / Alum / Fine "Santal Absolut" Aftershave Splash / AoS Sandalwood EdT

IMG-4406.jpg

Oh ya! Good ole WMRK Delorian taking us back to the honey days of MTV! Sure did enjoy a good Phil Collins video.

How many rain songs are there?
Purple rain. Prince
Who’ll Stop the rain. CCR
How high’s the water momma? Johnny Cash
Top of my head.

"Buckets of Rain" by Bob Dylan
"Didn't It Rain", a gospel song recorded by Sister Rosetta Tharpe among others
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Il pleut sur Bruxelles" by Dalida
"It's Raining Again" by Supertramp
"Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
"Let It Rain" by Eric Clapton
"Let It Rain" by BWO
"Let It Rain" by David Nail
"Let It Rain" by East 17
"Let It Rain" by Eliza Doolittle
"Let It Rain" by Mark Chesnutt
"Let It Rain" by Shirley Myers
"Let It Rain" by Tinchy Stryder
"Let the Rain" by Sara Bareilles
"November Rain" by Guns N' Roses
"No Rain" by Blind Melon
"Pennies from Heaven" by Arthur Johnston and Johnny Burke
"Purple Rain" by Prince
"Prelude, Op. 28, No. 15 by Chopin, known as the Raindrop Prelude.
"Rain" by the Beatles
"Rain" by Madonna
"Rain" by Mika
"Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by Burt Bacharach
"Rain on the Roof" by The Lovin' Spoonful (1966)
"Rainy Day in June" by The Kinks (1966)
"Rainy Days and Mondays" by The Carpenters
"Red Rain" by Peter Gabriel (1986)
"Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele
"Singin' in the Rain", Gene Kelly
"The Sun and the Rain" by Madness
"The Rain Song" by Led Zeppelin
"When the Sun Comes Out" by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler
"Who'll Stop the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival

"Buckets of Rain" by Bob Dylan
"Didn't It Rain", a gospel song recorded by Sister Rosetta Tharpe among others
"Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
"Il pleut sur Bruxelles" by Dalida
"It's Raining Again" by Supertramp
"Fire and Rain" by James Taylor
"Let It Rain" by Eric Clapton
"Let It Rain" by BWO
"Let It Rain" by David Nail
"Let It Rain" by East 17
"Let It Rain" by Eliza Doolittle
"Let It Rain" by Mark Chesnutt
"Let It Rain" by Shirley Myers
"Let It Rain" by Tinchy Stryder
"Let the Rain" by Sara Bareilles
"November Rain" by Guns N' Roses
"No Rain" by Blind Melon
"Pennies from Heaven" by Arthur Johnston and Johnny Burke
"Purple Rain" by Prince
"Prelude, Op. 28, No. 15 by Chopin, known as the Raindrop Prelude.
"Rain" by the Beatles
"Rain" by Madonna
"Rain" by Mika
"Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head by Burt Bacharach
"Rain on the Roof" by The Lovin' Spoonful (1966)
"Rainy Day in June" by The Kinks (1966)
"Rainy Days and Mondays" by The Carpenters
"Red Rain" by Peter Gabriel (1986)
"Set Fire to the Rain" by Adele
"Singin' in the Rain", Gene Kelly
"The Sun and the Rain" by Madness
"The Rain Song" by Led Zeppelin
"When the Sun Comes Out" by Harold Arlen and Ted Koehler
"Who'll Stop the Rain" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Google-fu

25 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Well it's "Fusion Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and I wanted to feature a band I've been listening to for a very long time. The band's called Tribal Tech and the bassist, Gary Willis is a beast on the instrument! So from their 1995 album Reality Check, here's a three song selection to finish out the week!

Great shave to finish out the week. Looking forward to some SEC football tomorrow! It's finally here!! 😁 😁 😁 🏈

Proraso Preshave Cream / RazoRock "American Barber" Shave Soap / Shavemac 177 / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / RazoRock "American Barber" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4422.jpg

Mark’s headin into Friday and the weekend with a pep in his step! You other weekend warriors step aside!
09B05D47-D76E-4B78-8E5B-44A0A4F68F62.gif

27 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you're having a great weekend.

It's a "Diver Down" weekend and so I had to find some apropos music for this special Sunday edition of "Morning Music". Hope you enjoy!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Diver Down"* Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" (Saturday) / PAA "Green Ray" (Sunday)
RazoRock Game Changer / Wizamet Sup-Iri (6) / Alum / PAA "Diver Down" Aftershave Splash / PAA "Diver Down" EdP

IMG-4435.jpg

*Sunday I used "Diver Down" soap mashed into an Old Spice mug

28 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a "Funky Monday" mood this morning so here's a couple to get you going! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! First time in a long time I've used a legit shaving cream and not a soap or "croap". Surprisingly the cream in the tube was still in good shape, not dried out and not watery. Great face feel afterward also.

Proraso Preshave Cream / GFT "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Yaqi "The Balrog" 28mm / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / GFT "Spanish Leather" Aftershave Splash / GFT "Spanish Leather" EdC

IMG-4444.jpg

28 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

In a "Funky Monday" mood this morning so here's a couple to get you going! Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! First time in a long time I've used a legit shaving cream and not a soap or "croap". Surprisingly the cream in the tube was still in good shape, not dried out and not watery. Great face feel afterward also.

Proraso Preshave Cream / GFT "Spanish Leather" Shave Cream / Yaqi "The Balrog" 28mm / RazoRock Game Changer
Wizamet Super Iridium / Alum / GFT "Spanish Leather" Aftershave Splash / GFT "Spanish Leather" EdC

View attachment 36442

Super Fly album, so cool!! We lived in South Africa from 1978-1982. The last weekend we were there in May/June 1982, we stayed at The Towers hotel in Johannesburg before we came back to the USA. Who stayed on the same floor as us but The Curtis Mayfield Band? They had played at a resort in Sun City. You know band guys, they were up all night after their show. I talked to a couple of the band members on the elevator the next morning. They thought it was cool that we had previously lived in Huntington Beach; said they had hung out at an old club there many times (The Golden Bear where I saw Paul Butterfield Blues Band w/ Mike Bloomfield/Elvin Bishop and Ten Years After, their first US tour). These guys were from Chicago, and it was fun to talk with them about their impressions and our experiences after we had been living there for 4 years. Very cool posting of Freddie's Dead. (y)

Super Fly album, so cool!! We lived in South Africa from 1978-1982. The last weekend we were there in May/June 1982, we stayed at The Towers hotel in Johannesburg before we came back to the USA. Who stayed on the same floor as us but The Curtis Mayfield Band? They had played at a resort in Sun City. You know band guys, they were up all night after their show. I talked to a couple of the band members on the elevator the next morning. They thought it was cool that we had previously lived in Huntington Beach; said they had hung out at an old club there many times (The Golden Bear where I saw Paul Butterfield Blues Band w/ Mike Bloomfield/Elvin Bishop and Ten Years After, their first US tour). These guys were from Chicago, and it was fun to talk with them about their impressions and our experiences after we had been living there for 4 years. Very cool posting of Freddie's Dead. (y)
That's AWESOME! Would have loved to party with those guys after the show!! 🤪 😵 🥴

Back