The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

16 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Well, thanks to @Granite.Glasser I'm in a Depeche Mode mood this morning. So here are a couple to get your morning kicked off. Hope you enjoy!

Haven't used Floris №89 EdT in a long time and something about Phoenix Shaving's "Strange Island" always reminded me of it so I decided to pair the two this morning. Very complementary scents. The lavender ties them together nicely. Again, effortless BBS with the DOC razor.

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Strange Island" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / PAA DOC Razor
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Strange Island" Aftershave Splash / Floris №89 EdT

IMG-4359.jpg

17 September, 2020

Going along with the soap theme this morning, here's some Pink Floyd for today's "Morning Music" segment.

Proraso Preshave Cream / A&E "Which One's Pink?" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket"
PAA DOC / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave

IMG-4365.jpg

18 September, 2020

It's "Fusion Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio so let's close out the week with some Spyro Gyra!

The Rockwell 6S arrived yesterday but I still had one shave left on the blade in the DOC so I'll take the Rockwell for a spin tomorrow. Great shave today! Nice way to close out the week.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Zingari Man "The Wanderer" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Kong"
Phoenix Shaving DOC / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Nivea Men 2 in 1 Aftershave

IMG-4378.jpg

21 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

A definite taste of Fall in the air today! 58° this morning and it feel wonderful. Getting up into the 70's later on. This is the weather I like!

Digging deep for today's "Morning Music"! Here are a couple of deep cuts from 1979. Again, I love music from this era.. During the dying days of Disco and before 80's music drowned in synthesizers. Hope you enjoy!!

Another great shave from the Rockwell this morning! I observed "No Shave Sunday" so there was two day's growth. The 6S mowed through it with no problems. Two passes and a touch-up = BBS shave! Finished with a spray of GFT "Spanish Leather" which went really well with the "Diver Down" scent.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Diver Down" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / Rockwell 6S (base 3)
Kai / Alum / PAA "Diver Down" Aftershave Splash / Geo F. Trumper "Spanish Leather" EdC

IMG-4382.jpg

Nice shave n tunes Mark! Sounds like the 6S is a winner for ya!
Thanks, Chris! It's a great shaver, no doubt. However, I think my favorite of the three I recently acquired (Rockwell, Phoenix Shaving & RR Game Changer) is the RazoRock Game Changer.

Of course that can always change. ;)

17 September, 2020

Going along with the soap theme this morning, here's some Pink Floyd for today's "Morning Music" segment.

Proraso Preshave Cream / A&E "Which One's Pink?" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket"
PAA DOC / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Proraso Liquid Cream Aftershave

View attachment 35498
Best post ever.. not that I am bias with Pink Floyd...... All caught up

22 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre and Happy Autumnal Equinox!! Hope you had a pleasant night.

For my "Brother From Another Mother" @fhalden I'm sailing on with the "Yacht Rock" theme for today's "Morning Music" segment. So kick back, watch the sunshine glisten off the waves, have some Cuervo Gold or maybe even some fine Colombian! 🍹🇨🇴

Hope you enjoy!

Great shave today! I've thoroughly enjoyed the shaves I've gotten with the 6S. Right now it and the Rockwell Game Changer are tied as best shaver I have at the moment. Moving back to the latter tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day!!

Proraso Preshave Cream / Fine "L'Orange Noir" Shave Soap / Fine "Stout" Brush
Rockwell 6S (plate 3) / Kai / Alum / Fine "L'Orange Noir" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4392.jpg

Back