The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

10 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

In a funky mood this morning so here's some Earth, Wind & Fire along with Sly & The Family Stone to get your Thursday bumpin'!

The RazoRock Game Changer continues to impress. Smooth, irritation-free two-pass shave today (with a touch up) and my face feels fantastic. Love the scent of Phoenix Shaving's "High Jump 47".. Barber shoppy without being cliché. Maybe it's the frankincense note from the breu branco. Whatever it is, I love it!

I was also (finally) able to wear the new Orient watch today. Had to order another link. My wrists aren't as dainty as the majority of the population. Got it in and broke out the small hammer and pin punch and installed it. Fits perfectly now!

Hope you have a great day!

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "High Jump 47" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" / RR Game Changer (.68-P)
Kai / Alum / PAA "High Jump 47"Aftershave Splash / PAA "High Jump 47" EdP

IMG-4314.jpg

You have a great day too, Mark. Interesting soap, with an odd name and photo of a USMC general. Glad it works for you.

I can see that. It's not the best photo. Here is the same one I believe but better quality. I can see why you'd think it was USMC.

i287104489302426066._szw1280h1280_.jpg

giphy.gif

11 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night. Apologies for my tardiness. Had a doctor's appt. this morning and it took a little longer than anticipated. Went ahead and got my flu shot and also the shingles vaccine (the first one anyway). Numbers looked great! BP was good. A1C was excellent. Gotta go back and have some blood work done. I'l' have to call back and make an appt. with the lab to have it drawn.

Anyway, Some Friday music for you! Here's a couple from The Rippingtons.

Great shave today. Still blown away by this razor! Gonna use it through the weekend and then I'm gonna give the new Phoenix Shaving Double Open Comb a go.

Hope you have a wonderful day!!

Proraso Preshave Cream / RazoRock "Black Label" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" / RR "Game Changer" .68-P
Kai / Avon "Deep Woods" Aftershave Splash / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-4321.jpg

got my flu shot and also the shingles vaccine (the first one anyway).
I'm halfway through my shingles vaccine too. Your arm will likely be sore for a day or two. Worth it for sure. I've taken care of people with shingles and they experience intense pain. Preventive medicine is always preferable to acute care. (y)

14 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!

Got The Rippingtons blasting in the office again this morning so that's today's "Morning Music". Here they are with "Porscha" and "Destiny"

Great shave today! Initial outing with the Phoenix Shaving stainless steel Double Open Comb or "DOC" razor. More aggressive than the Game Changer but not a face-eater. Again, two passes and a touch-up was all that was needed for an excellent shave.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Old Spice "Fresh Lime" Shave Cream / Yaqi "The Balrog" 28mm Synth / PAA DOC
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Avon 'Brisk Spice" Aftershave Splash / Avon 'Brisk Spice" EdC

IMG-4344.jpg

Just now saw where Seiko came out with the SPB151 which is a reincarnation of the "Willard" 6105. If you're not familiar, "Captain Willard" is Martin Sheen's character in the movie Apocalypse Now and he wore a Seiko 6105 in the movie. Seiko addict that I am, I've always lusted for one, but the $4K and above price tag on the original 70's issue watches kept them out of my grasp. Even the first reincarnation, the SLA033 being a limited edition was unattainable. Now, with the mass-produced SPB151, I just might be able to finally get one!!

Seiko-Prospex-SPB151J1004.jpg

15 September, 2020

Good morning all! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Decided to rock it out for today's "Morning Music" segment. Joe Satriani is really a guy who needs no introduction and Crystal Planet is one of my all-time favorite albums. So here's Joe with "House Full of Bullets" and "Time". Hope you enjoy!

Another superb shave today from the Double Open Comb razor. Can't wait to give the Rockwell 6S a go when it comes in.

Proraso Preshave Cream / PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / PAA "The Peregrino Blush
PAA "DOC" / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Star Jelly Aftershave

IMG-4351.jpg

Back