The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Today is "Freaky Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio so I'm featuring a guy whose work I really like. From Prešov, Slovakia, here is Experimental Guitarist & Composer David Kollar with "Crime on the Bunny".

Great shave today! Nice return to Stirling's "Piacenza" soap. My favorite from them.

Hope you have a great day.

PAA "Immortal Peach" Preshave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Piacenza" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Kong" Brush
1958 Gillette SS / Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Label / Alum / AdP "Colonia" Aftershave Balm / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG-4277.jpg

8 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get right to Morning Music with some super groovy sounds from 3 Dog Night!

Great shave today. Been a while since I used Stirling's "Barbershop" and I had forgotten what a great scent it was. My RazoRock Game Changer should be in today. Looking forward to trying it out tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day!

Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / 1958 Gillette Flare Tip
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Barbershop" Aftershave & EdT

IMG-4301.jpg

It was hot and spent mostly trying not to move! Did you guys have a gig? I saw the group's FB photo was updated.
It was kinda nice here. Still hot but the humidity dropped and I piddled in my shop most of Sunday and Monday...

Yeah we had a show Saturday night. Not much of a turn out. Guess it was due to the long holiday weekend. I look at shows like that as a paid practice.. I still get paid the same amount whether there are 20 people or 200. Plus it's easier to socially distance. ;)

9 September, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night. In a retro mood this morning so let's get some "Morning Music" going with a few from the band Japan featuring one of my favorite bassists, Mick Karn.

First use of the RazoRock Game Changer today and gotta say, this is a great razor! Very smooth, irritation free shave. Two passes and a touch up was all I needed.

Hope you have a great day.

Proraso Preshave Cream / Barrister and Mann "Seville" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / RR Game Changer
Alum / Barrister and Mann "Seville" Aftershave Splash / ADP Colonia EdC

IMG-4306.jpg

Back