The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

23 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night!

Let's get things kicked off with today's "Morning Music" segment. Today I'm featuring one of my favorite bands, Queen. As a bass player, one of my favorite albums has always been 1980's "The Game" because John Deacon is just sooooo funky on it! Here's a couple of funky cuts from that album!

Great shave today! If I had to whittle my shave den down to just one soap, Phoenix Shaving's "CaD" would be the one! Love the scent, love the performance! Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / Techichi "Tech Hive" Synthetic / PAA "CaD" Shave Soap / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green / Alum / PAA "CaD" Star Jelly & EdP

IMG-4032.jpg

Ah Queen! I keep promising myself I’m going to give my music library a major classics update...but I never get around to it - Queen, Elton, Boston, etc. Thankfully music streams sate my appetite for the time being.

24 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening!

It's "Fusion Friday" here at WMRK Internet Radio and for today's "Morning Music" segment I'm revisiting the band Gamalon. Their third album Aerial View was released in 1990 and by that time the recording engineer had discovered the bass fader on his console. Overall the cuts sounded fuller and had a lot more "hair" on them. And so, from the album Aerial View, here's "Beat The Heat" & "The Rift"

Great shave today! Love the scent of Fine's "Lavender Pour Homme". Inspired by Czech & Speake's "Oxford & Cambridge", it captures the spirit of its more expensive cousin very well! The soap, as with all of Fine's products (IME) performed great, giving a nice, slick and cushioning shave base. Finished with an alum rub, the matching splash and couple of spritzes of the C&S cologne.

Hope you have a great day!!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / Fine "Lavender Pour Homme" Shave Soap / PAA "The Green Ray" Brush / 1968 Gillette Slim / Gillette 7 O'Clock Green
Alum / Fine "Lavender Pour Homme" Aftershave Splash / Czech & Speake "Oxford & Cambridge" EdC

IMG-4046.jpg

27 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend.

Let's get this week started off with something EPIC! Something to get you ready for the week's battles! Here is Thomas Bergersen & Nick Phoenix, collectively known as Two Steps From Hell! LET'S RIDE!!!"

Great shave today! I wanted to see how cold I could make a shave so I laid the menthol from the "Chill Mill" down thick on the soap along with extra face prep from the "Ice Cube". Wow! Now THIS is menthol!!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Soap / Techichi Tech Hive / Merkur 42C "1904"
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" Aftershave Splash / PAA "Pineapple Bay Rum" EdP

IMG-4067.jpg

28 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

"Morning Music" time so I'll get right to it. David Arkenstone is someone I've listened to since the 80's when I picked up his first album, Valley in the Clouds. Today's selections come from his 2010 album Sketches From an American Journey, here's "The Open Road" & "Voice of a New Land"

A lose Italian themed shave this morning. I kicked it up a notch though with the tag team of "Chill Mill" crystals & "Ice Cube" prep soap. Finished with Proraso balm and a spritz of AdP Colonia. Great way to start the day.

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / PAA "Gondolier" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket
Merkur 42C / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Proraso Aftershave Balm / AdP "Colonia" EdC

IMG-4074.jpg

Back