The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Mark I can fully commiserate with you on the probate issues. I'm happy to PM about the nightmare I went through to get my mom situated.

Hang in there, and be patient, most importantly, don't let the lawyers take most of the inheritance.
Thanks! Yeah it's been a challenging time. But I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Overall it's been a good experience with the lawyers. The worst part has been the slow grind that you seem to have to go through to get even the simplest things done. And it doesn't help when certain members of the family don't want to play ball. Maybe another month or two and I can be released from my duties as Administrator.

Thanks! Yeah it's been a challenging time. But I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel. Overall it's been a good experience with the lawyers. The worst part has been the slow grind that you seem to have to go through to get even the simplest things done. And it doesn't help when certain members of the family don't want to play ball. Maybe another month or two and I can be released from my duties as Administrator.

Yes, I also had a great experience with the people who helped, it was just shockingly expensive. The grind is real, I know the feeling, iirc it took over 2 years to sort it all out, with a couple of nightmare bombs from Govt. bureaucracy that I'm still dealing with now.

Glad there's light for you at the end. I am admin for my Aunt in New Mexico and dread it..........Wants me to fly out in the fall to meet with her lawyers which I also dread.....

3 August, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a great weekend!

In a Holdsworth mood this morning so here's a couple from the "Master of the Legato Run" himself! From the Atavachron album here's "Atavachron"and "Looking Glass".

Great shave this morning. I really like the results I'm getting from the Phoenix Shaving Double Open Comb (DOC) razor. My only complaint is that it's light weight and I prefer a heavier razor. Gonna keep an eye out for their stainless steel version and snag one when they become available again. Loving the "Lavender Pour Homme" soap & splash from Fine. Added a pea-sized dab of 444 gel to the splash to give it a little more soothing component. The splashes are basically alcohol, water and fragrance which leaves my face feeling tight. The 444 gel helps a lot. I hope they (Fine) come out with a LPH balm eventually.

Hope you have a great day! :)

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / Fine "Lavender Pour Homme" Shave Soap / RazoRock 400 Noir Synth / PAA "DOC" Razor
Gillette Silver Blue Blade / Alum / 444 + Fine "Lavender Pour Homme" Aftershave Splash

IMG-4100.jpg

Last edited:
For the rest of us:
According to the American Heritage dictionary, to play legato is to play a piece of music "in a smooth, even style without any noticeable break between the notes."

In order to play legato on our instrument, we will use our left hand to play long runs on the fret board without picking any strings with the right hand.

For the rest of us:
According to the American Heritage dictionary, to play legato is to play a piece of music "in a smooth, even style without any noticeable break between the notes."

In order to play legato on our instrument, we will use our left hand to play long runs on the fret board without picking any strings with the right hand.
You got it! :cool: (y)

In a Holdsworth mood this morning so here's a couple from the "Master of the Legato Run" himself!

I haven't thought about this album in many years! I bought it purely because of the Star Trek reference, and when I first played it, my mind was completely blown! His approach to a guitar synthesizer was so different from Pat Metheny and Andy Summers. Incredible dexterity!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I haven't thought about this album in many years! I bought it purely because of the Star Trek reference, and when I first played it, my mind was completely blown!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yeah it's a great album! I thought the cover art was cool as well! :cool:

Saw your message this afternoon that it was a :poop: day. Sorry to hear. Hope the evening improves things!

4 August, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Let's just right to today's "Morning Music" segment here at WMRK internet radio! When I first heard this cat I had to go immediately and get the album. His name is Kamasi Washington and from his album, The Epic, here's "Change of the Guard".

Great shave today! The "Frostbite Duo" of Chill Mill and Ice Cube came through again today, giving an ice cold slap across my mug that even Ike Turner would be impressed with! Set the '61 Fat Boy to a setting of 6 and the whiskers practically lept off my face. Finished with the Star Jelly and a spritz of Knize Forest.

In other news
  • Co-worker was exposed to the Corona Virus. He's come awaiting the outcome of the test. Hope it comes back negative!
  • Appointment this afternoon with my pain management doctor. Gonna try to get another round of shots lined up

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket"
1961 Gillette Fat Boy / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Star Jelly

IMG-4108.jpg

The choral selection and/or clip from a Star Trek episode in that is an interesting choice.

If said coworker’s test comes back positive, does that mean a test and possible 2 weeks of quarantine for you?

5 August, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

For this morning's edition of WMRK's "Morning Music" lace up those platforms, slip into those bell-bottoms and lets truck it on back to the 1970's! 1975 & 76 to be specific with some of the grooviest, funkiest music ever to grace a roller rink! You can almost feel the polyester and smell the Nag Champa incense! So, kick on your blacklight poster, turn on the mirror ball and get ready 'cause here it comes! The one! The only!

KC & The Sunshine Band!!

"Back to Old School" shave theme in full force today. I mean, what's more "old school" than Bay Rum??? Answer: Not much! By some accounts, using the oil of the West Indies Bay Leaf as a fragrance goes back to the 16th century. It is one of my all-time favorite fragrances.

Phoenix Shaving & Barrister and Mann both produce an excellent bay rum scented product. I'd say they're tied for #1 for me. Today I went with the slightly drier Barrister & Mann version.

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Barrister & Mann "Bay Rum" Aftershave Splash / PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum EdP

IMG-4115.jpg

For the rest of us:

You got it! :cool: (y)

Indeed and when its done correctly it will leave you wondering how on earth they can do it....

Back