The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

21 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Decided to feature my rock band for today's "Morning Music" segment. From our first album "All Systems A Go-Go", here is Green Star Relief Station (with your's truly on bass) with "The Nightmare Behind" & "My Hidden Agenda". If you'd like a CD, message me and I'll get one out to you! Hope you enjoy!

Felt like a Bay Rum morning so I went with one of the best available. If you're a Bay Rum fan and haven't tried Phoenix Shaving's I can't recommend it enough!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Label / Alum / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Aftershave & EdP

IMG-4020.jpg

Those are great tracks! I really like the bridge/middle part of the first one! It's a little heavy for what I listen to these days, but the band is very technically proficient and it's authentic hard rock for sure! Well done! And I'm totally with you on the PAA Bay Rum. It's my favorite scent, hands down. Great shave! I may go for that tomorrow!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Those are great tracks! I really like the bridge/middle part of the first one! It's a little heavy for what I listen to these days, but the band is very technically proficient and it's authentic hard rock for sure! Well done! And I'm totally with you on the PAA Bay Rum. It's my favorite scent, hands down. Great shave! I may go for that tomorrow!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Thanks!! 😃

22 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope your night was better than mine... Back and hip issues kept me up. But the shave & coffee helps!

Featuring one of my favorite bands for today's "Morning Music" segment. When I first discovered these guys in the early 80's, I was totally blown away. Been a fan ever since. Lots of joy exploring their back catalog going all the way back to the 60's. And so, from their 1981 album "Discipline", here's King Crimson with "Elephant Talk" & "Frame By Frame". Hope you enjoy!

Great shave this morning. Phoenix Shaving describes "St. Martin's Land" as a "Neo Barbershop" fragrance... I don't know about all that. To my nose it's a nice aromatic fougere with wood and herbaceous notes and a hint of spicy ginger. Good stuff! And the "Chill Mill" helped get it to the right level of frigid! Alum and Brut shaving balm closed out the shave and I finished with some of the Tom Ford "Fougere Platine" EdP sample. Nice scent but not sure it's "spend the scrilla on an entire bottle" nice..

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube" / PAA "St. Martin's Land" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" Brush / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green / Alum / Brut Aftershave Balm / Tom Ford "Fougere Platine" EdP sample

IMG-4024.jpg

Last edited:
21 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Decided to feature my rock band for today's "Morning Music" segment. From our first album "All Systems A Go-Go", here is Green Star Relief Station (with your's truly on bass) with "The Nightmare Behind" & "My Hidden Agenda". If you'd like a CD, message me and I'll get one out to you! Hope you enjoy!

Felt like a Bay Rum morning so I went with one of the best available. If you're a Bay Rum fan and haven't tried Phoenix Shaving's I can't recommend it enough!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1968 Gillette Slim
Gillette 7 O'Clock Green Label / Alum / PAA "Atomic Age Bay Rum" Aftershave & EdP

CD733299-96D8-4C01-8E14-130C75A32D4B.gifD08822DA-C96D-4F66-AECD-7FC222CC8CF7.gif

"All Systems A Go-Go"
I prefer...

1595430504112.png

🤪

"The Nightmare Behind"
Again I prefer...The River Bottom Nightmare Band

🤪

King Crimson

Haven't heard King Crimson i a LONG time...good stuff!

Okay...all kidding aside (and who knows where my mind actually goes!) You have some great music going on there! I might have found myself listening to your music earlier in my life.

Oh...and on your shave this morning,,,Damn do you smell good!

I prefer...

View attachment 30454

🤪

Again I prefer...The River Bottom Nightmare Band

🤪

Haven't heard King Crimson i a LONG time...good stuff!

Okay...all kidding aside (and who knows where my mind actually goes!) You have some great music going on there! I might have found myself listening to your music earlier in my life.

Oh...and on your shave this morning,,,Damn do you smell good!
Thanks, Don!! 😃

Hey, Mark, good morning! Here's my other 2 electric basses. Modern J bass by Mike Lull (RIP). And a limited edition (500) Fender P bass.

View attachment 30459

View attachment 30460
Wow! Both gorgeous but that Mike Lull is outstanding! Was so sad to hear of his passing. I have one as well. 5 stringer.. It's been retired from gigs. Recording purposes only now.

Lull.jpg

Back