The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

29 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Apologies for my tardiness this morning. Had to take the missus to the hospital for a minor medical procedure. Not to worry. She home now, resting comfortably.

For a later-than-normal "Morning Music" segment, let's take a trip back to 1991 for the funky, groovy sounds of Seal.

New razor today. Picked up one of the Phoenix Shaving Double Open Comb (DOC) three-piece razors. Interesting design. Great shave though!

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill / PAA "Solstice" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Brush
PAA DOC Razor / Gillette Nacet / Alum / Ogallala "Bay Rum Sage & Cedar Aftershave Splash

IMG-4079.jpg

30 July, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant night.

Let's get right to it with today's installment of "Morning Music". One of my all-time favorite bands for you today. With "Refried Funky Chicken" & "Cruise Control", here are The Dixie Dregs!

Great shave today! Once again, the one-two-punch of the Chill Mill & Ice Cube gave a face-freezing shave experience! Love the scent of the Phoenix Shaving "Sun Down". I've never tried the aftershave it's patterned after; Gillette's short-lived "Sun Up" but it must have been great as well. I hope they (Phoenix Shaving) comes out with a matching EdP soon.

Also for @NurseDave, I will be late again tomorrow. Have some Probate / Estate issues to attend to tomorrow morning so I'll need you to fill in for me again if you'd be so kind. ;)

Hope you have a great day!

PAA "Ice Cube 2.0" / PAA "Chill Mill" / PAA "Sun Down" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive Synthetic
PAA DOC Razor / Gillette Nacet / Alum / PAA "Sun Down" Aftershave Splash & Cologne

IMG-4084.jpg

Uh oh, I have an appointment in the morning too. Going to be some dead air...
tumblr_lj32c7zLuy1qbakp9o1_400.gif

As promised today's top hit, an easy going meander into the recesses of your mind, sure to enhance a relaxed coffee and shave experience -

I’m digging the groove you’re laying down

As promised today's top hit, an easy going meander into the recesses of your mind, sure to enhance a relaxed coffee and shave experience -

Thanks, brother!! Great tune!!

Things went well with the Court / Probate stuff this morning. Let me say this again, PLEASE!!! For the sake of your loved ones, GET A WILL MADE!!! It will save them from a lot of stress.

Mark I can fully commiserate with you on the probate issues. I'm happy to PM about the nightmare I went through to get my mom situated.

Hang in there, and be patient, most importantly, don't let the lawyers take most of the inheritance.

Back