The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

15 June, 2020

Hope everyone;s having a great day!

Getting your Monday kicked off here at WMRK Internet Radio some tasty fusion the Protocol way! So, from the album "Protocol 4", here's Simon Phillips, Greg Howe, Ernest Tibbs & Dennis Hamm with "Pentangle" & "Phantom Voyage".

New soap day! Phoenix Shaving just dropped a new scent based on Irisch Moos. Having used the original, I have to say, they got it pretty close. Passable at least. Stellar performance with the CK-6 base. Nice, smooth, comfortable DFS for my Monday!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "Doppelganger Tri-Color (Irisch Moos)" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette 7 O'clock Platinum / Alum / PAA "Doppelganger Tri-Color (Irisch Moos)" Aftershave Splash / Polo Modern Reserve

IMG-3751.jpg

Irisch Moos-scented soap for the win! Very early on I tried the Irisch Moos soap, but for some reason I pif'd it to my son, who enjoyed it. I probably had too many soaps at the time. Can't recall if it was tallow or not. Some months later I swore off non-tallow soaps forever.

Irisch Moos-scented soap for the win! Very early on I tried the Irisch Moos soap, but for some reason I pif'd it to my son, who enjoyed it. I probably had too many soaps at the time. Can't recall if it was tallow or not. Some months later I swore off non-tallow soaps forever.
It was tallow-based. Made by the same people who make Tabac.

16 June, 2020

Good morning all!

Let's head west (relative to me anyway) for today's "Morning Music". The desert west has been a bucket list destination for me for many years. When retirement eventually rolls around, I plan to make a trip out that way with the missus. So, in the spirit of travel and the majestic desert landscapes, here are The Rippingtons with "Taos".

Excellent shave in the dark this morning! Yes, I said "in the dark". Light bulb blew in the shower area. Luckily there was enough ambient light coming in from the vanity area that I was still able to see well enough to shave. First time using "The Wanderer" from Zingari Man soaps. Very nice! Scent reminds me of GTB without the gunpowder. Finished with a splash of Fine's "American Blend" and spritz of YSL's "Rive Gauche Pour Homme".

Hope you have a fantastic day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Zingari Man "The Wanderer" Shave Soap / Stirling Soap Co. "Kong" Brush / Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Fine "American Blend" Aftershave Splash / YSL "Rive Gauche Pour Homme"

IMG-3761.jpg

I've heard the name of that group for a long time. Never listened and not what I was expecting at all.

Well, it's something I'd listen to. I put a mix of it on to finish my journal entry. It's more of a background music that doesn't make you think about it much. I was expecting an alternative band with obnoxious lyrics for some reason.

Well, it's something I'd listen to. I put a mix of it on to finish my journal entry. It's more of a background music that doesn't make you think about it much. I was expecting an alternative band with obnoxious lyrics for some reason.
I like to listen to them at work. It's relaxing. They're also great to listen to on road trips.

Back