The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

4 June, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Apologies for my tardiness this morning, especially to @NurseDave whose morning is either made or broken with my "Morning Music" segment (or lack thereof) ;).. Had people at the house installing a new dishwasher, then had to go by my doc's office to pick up a prescription.

For today's "Morning Music", I'm going back to the Hiromi Trio Project. Here's "Alive" featuring Hiromi - Piano, Anthony Jackson - Contrabass & Simon Phillips - Drums.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "CaD" Shave Soap / Yaqi 28mm Synthetic / 1968 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / PAA "CaD" Aftershave Splash / PAA "CaD" EdP

IMG-3643.jpg

Last edited:
Well you’re off the hook today. I have the day off so wasn’t at a computer and watching a video about personal hygiene in space. I knew most of it. But didn’t know a mirror was involved in the #2 process. I did listen for a bit while I made breakfast. I was a little on the intellectual side of jazz.

Interesting piece this morning! I get a kick out of some folks’ “concentration face”. :ROFLMAO:

Did you go for the super duper deluxe dishwasher this time around? Plays jazz to the washer tempo?

Interesting piece this morning! I get a kick out of some folks’ “concentration face”. :ROFLMAO:

Did you go for the super duper deluxe dishwasher this time around? Plays jazz to the washer tempo?
Brother, this thing is a Cadillac!!!! Super silent, 1 hour quick cycle, steam sanitizer... It even analyzes the food that it cleans from plates and cook wear and over time it builds a database and actually sends recipes to your phone or email based on what you regularly eat!

Well, okay... That last part doesn't happen, but it's still a cool gizmo!! 😁

Well you did it again Mark. Hiromi is simply amazing. At about 6:08 she had my heart singing. Wow.

4 June, 2020

Good morning Cadre! Apologies for my tardiness this morning, especially to @NurseDave whose morning is either made or broken with my "Morning Music" segment (or lack thereof) ;).. Had people at the house installing a new dishwasher, then had to go by my doc's office to pick up a prescription.

For today's "Morning Music", I'm going back to the Hiromi Trio Project. Here's "Alive" featuring Hiromi - Piano, Anthony Jackson - Contrabass & Simon Phillips - Drums.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / PAA "CaD" Shave Soap / Yaqi 28mm Synthetic / 1968 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue
Alum / PAA "CaD" Aftershave Splash / PAA "CaD" EdP

View attachment 25992

5 June, 2020

Good morning all and happy Friday!!

Been a hectic week so what you you all say we try to have a low-key, relaxing Friday.. Getting things started off this morning with "Morning Music" brought to you by The Rippingtons and WMRK Internet Radio. This song is "Modern Art" from the 2009 album of the same name. Just a nice, easy-going cut to get your day started.

The word for this weekend here in NoAla is HOT! The other word for the weekend here in NoAla is HUMID! So with that in mind I had to break out the bug guns for today's shave; Stirling's Lemon Chill!!!! All my other mentholated soaps are on deck for the next few shaves.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" Shave Soap / Techichi Tech Hive 26mm Brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Lemon Chill" Aftershave Splash / Murray & Lanman Florida Water (Peru)

IMG-3647.jpg

Working from home today. Got my coffee and WMRK. @Cvargo not only do we need more Cadre mugs with the mugs of cadre members on them, I need a WMRK mug! Might be too long for a mug, but "Start your day with WMRK" and some radio symbol would be cool.

Working from home today. Got my coffee and WMRK. @Cvargo not only do we need more Cadre mugs with the mugs of cadre members on them, I need a WMRK mug! Might be too long for a mug, but "Start your day with WMRK" and some radio symbol would be cool.
I'd buy some of those!! :cool:

8 June, 2020

Good morning all!! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was.... busy. Still, the wifey and I had a great time. Did pick up a new fridge! Wont be delivered until the 22nd. We're keeping the old to use as secondary cold storage for essentials like.... beer. 🍺😁

For today's edition of WMRK's "Morning Music" segment, I wanted to feature some jazz but couldn't decide on what. Then I began to think about how long I had been listening to this genre of music and like a lot of people, my first exposure to jazz was from watching Charlie Brown cartoons as a kid. Then it hit me! Back in 1989 GRP Records released an album featuring various artists on its label for the 40th anniversary of the Peanuts comic strip. And so, to help you ease into your Monday morning, here's Chick Corea's Akoustic* Band from the "Happy Anniversary Charlie Brown" album with "The Great Pumpkin Waltz".

Hope everyone has a great day!!

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / CBL Premium Tallow "Sir Fougere" Shave Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Nacet / Alum / Avon "Deep Woods" Aftershave Splash / Avon "Deep Woods" EdC

IMG-3674.jpg

*No a typo.. That's how they spell it.

Chick Corea has made a lot of interesting music, though his earlier stuff has never appealed to me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to appreciate "cerebral" jazz. ;)

Chick Corea has made a lot of interesting music, though his earlier stuff has never appealed to me. Maybe I'm not smart enough to appreciate "cerebral" jazz. ;)
This piece was actually written by Jazz pianist Vince Guaraldi back in 1966. Guaraldi and his band wrote and performed the music for the Peanuts animated shows featured from the mid 60's up to his death in the 70's.

Last edited:
Having college football withdrawal. Currently watching Alabama and South Carolina rerun on SEC channel. 🏉

Back