The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

MarkB's Basses, Shaves & Other Obsessions

Standard
Time LOL. Works for us…. Was there a time change? 😂😂😂😂😂
See???? It can be done!

giphy-downsized.gif

12 March, 2024

Hello everyone! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

A couple from New York rockers, Talking Heads today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. First use of the Jikoryen shave soap stick and I really liked it. Similar in scent to Arko, but slightly less strong. There's also a note of something akin to fruity candy (think "Fun Dip" candy from the 70's). Excellent, Arko-level lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Belfour" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Tatara Masamune and I finished with Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" after shave splash and Rogue Perfumery "Bon Monsieur" EdT.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Jikoryen Shave Soap Stick / WWBW "Belfour" ST Badger Brush / Tatara Masamune
Skin Bracer "Cool Spice" After Shave Splash / Rogue Perfumery "Bon Monsieur" EdT

IMG_4320.jpg

13 March, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and today I'm featuring a couple of songs featuring bassist Mohini Dey. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Today is the 27th anniversary of the Phoenix Lights Incident of 1997 so I broke out the Phoenix Shaving soap and splash set of the same name. Fantastic scent (SWMBO really likes it!) and excellent lather built with the Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching aftershave & cologne.

PAA "Phoenix Lights" Shave Soap / Simpson "Chubby" 2 Manchurian / Gillette Fatboy
PAA "Phoenix Lights" Aftershave & Cologne

IMG_4326.jpg

Mark once again amazes with the breadth of his musical knowledge. Where do you find these people/bands?! 😎👍

14 March, 2024

Rocking out to some classic Mötley Crüe this morning. Hope you enjoy.

Rushed morning. Overslept. Still trying to get used to this time change. Great shave though. Fantastic scent and excellent lather from the C.O. Bigelow shave cream built with the QED Select Manchurian badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Supply SE and I finished with Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" aftershave balm & parfum.

Shower, shave, dress, coffee & out the door.. No time for a pic. Will try to take one when I go home for lunch.

C.O. Bigelow Shave Cream / QED Select Manchurian Badger Brush / Supply SE
Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" Aftershave Balm / Chanel "Bleu de Chanel" Parfum

file.jpg

15 March, 2024

Closing out the workweek with a couple from Depeche Mode. Hope you enjoy.

Much better start this morning. Well, except for the tornadic weather we had earlier. Luckily, the worst of it was northeast of me. My area just a lot of wind and rain. Also some pretty gnarly lightning.

In need of a lime fix this morning so I grabbed the Geo. F. Trumper "Limes" cream and skin food. Fantastic scent and super slick lather built with the Wild West Brushworks "Canyon" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless TRBR38 and I finished with the aforementioned matching skin food & Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC.

Geo. F. Trumper "Limes" Shave Cream / WWBW "Canyon" ST Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR38
Geo. F. Trumper "Extract of Limes" Skin Food / Acqua di Parma "Colonia" EdC

IMG_4334.jpg

16 March, 2024

Got a couple from The Rolling Stones for your Saturday listening pleasure. Hope you enjoy.

Late post. Busy, busy day. The missus and I were out almost all day, primarily shopping for a new bed. A part of some things we want to do both for the house and for us personally. She wants to go with a Sleep Number bed. I'm kinda agreeing with her on it at the moment. We tried several at the store and I really like the i8 model. A little more support and the Sleep IQ technology tracks and automatically adjusts during the night. Not cheap, but they're running a big sale at the moment and we could save close to $3K off the entire setup. Told her I'd "sleep on it".. 😁

The other big thing we're looking to get is a tankless water heater. Never had or used one and don't know anyone close by who does. Anyone here have any experience?

Great shave this morning. Returned to Martin de Candre and their wonderful "Fougère" shave soap. Fantastic scent and incredible lather built with the Paladin "Chief" 2-Band Select Badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '69 Gillette Super 109 and I finished with Brut - Brut Signature after shave splash w/ aloe vera and "Special Reserve" EdT.

Martin de Candre "Fougère" Shave Soap / Paladin "Chief" 2-Band Select Badger Brush / '69 Gillette Super 109
Wizamet / Brut "Signature" After Shave Splash + Aloe Vera / Brut Special Reserve EdT

IMG_4340.jpg

17 March, 2024

Going with "Synthwave Sunday" so you can get your cyberpunk on. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Saponificio Varesino and their wonderful "Dolomiti" shave soap & ASL. Light scent and incredible lather built with the Rich Yuengel "Blue Meanie" ST badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the Karve Christopher Bradley and I finished with the matching ASL.

Pretty chill day here at the "Happy Hogan" homefront. Coffee and laundry primarily. May run out to the supermarket later and get some things. Have chicken wings marinating and plan on cooking them up later in the air fryer. Haven't had wings in quite a while and have been craving the. Need some "Frank's Wing Sauce" for them. 🤤 🔥

Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" Shave Soap / Rich Yuengel "Blue Meanie" HD HMW Badger Brush
Karve Christopher Bradley SS / Wizamet / Saponificio Varesino "Dolomiti" After Shave Lotion

IMG_4347.jpg

18 March, 2024

A couple from British SynthRock band Gunship today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to my vintage Yardley shave soap. I love this soap more with each use. Truly sublime! Incredibly thick and slick lather built with the Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-band badger brush for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '56 Gillette Super Speed and I finished with Paco Rabanne Pour Homme AS & EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" homefront report: Man, could have used a little more sleep this morning. But, a great shave and hot coffee does help. Looks like we're going with the Sleep Number i8 bed which should be delivered on the 29th

Vintage Yardley Shave Soap / Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Badger Brush / '56 Gillette Super Speed
Wizamet / Alum / Paco Rabanne "Paco Rabanne Pour Homme" AS & EdT

IMG_4357.jpg

19 March, 2024

Going with a couple from the late, great Jeff Beck today. Hope you enjoy.

Great shave this morning. Returned to Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements and their excellent "Hotel Cecil" soap & splash set. Great "old school" scent (an homage to Burma Shave) with incredibly thick and slick lather built with the Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-band badger brush (decided to go with this brush again today) for two passes (plus touch-up) with the '61 Gillette Fatboy and I finished with the matching splash & Chanel "Antaeus" EdT.

The "Happy Hogan" homefront report: Not much to report.. First day of Spring but you wouldn't know it around here. 28° when I awoke this morning. So ready for it to get warm and stay warm. 🥶

PAA "Hotel Cecil" Shave Soap / Paladin "Tigris Perla" 2-Band Badger Brush / '61 Gillette Fatboy
Wizamet / Alum / PAA "Hotel Cecil" After Shave / Chanel "Antaeus" EdT

IMG_4382.jpg

20 March, 2024

It's "Women of Rock Wednesday" and I'm returning to one of my favorite singers, Siouxsie Sioux. Hope you enjoy.

Top shelf shave in every way this morning! Returned to Martin de Candre and their "Rose" shave soap. Love the scent and it provides some of the BEST lather I've ever used, whipped up with very little effort with the new Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-band badger brush. Two passes (plus touch-up) with the Timeless TRBR38 and I finished with Geo. F. Trumper "Coral Skin Food" & Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP.

The "Happy Hogan" Homefront Report: About 15° warmer this morning so leaving for work wasn't as much of a shock. Warming up over the next two days, but more rain is on the way. Back to practice with the band later this evening. We have a lead guitarist auditioning and I'm looking forward to it. Hopefully he works out and we can get back out gigging. :cool: 🎸

Martin de Candre "Rose" Shave Soap / Paladin "Purple Haze" 2-Band Badger Brush / Timeless TRBR38
Wizamet / Alum / Geo. F. Trumper "Coral Skin Food" After Shave / Creed "Royal Mayfair" EdP

IMG_4390.jpg

Back